Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: BCWF to push for CROSSBOW BAN

Re: BCWF to push for CROSSBOW BAN

Quote Originally Posted by Foxton Gundogs View Post
    This information came from a long time BCWF Region 2 Member who was in attendance. The only possible error in this post is Apparently the resolution was only put forward and not passed, which the OP mentions and they are not trying to "Ban" crossbows but In the presidents own words "only have them removed from the archery season"(same thing in my books) I reposted the above because This attack(any attack) on legal hunting methods by any group is wrong. I suggest any BCWF Region 2 members obtain a copy of the minutes of the Nov. meeting the information should be there.
    F- that guy. Can he be impeached?
    Last edited by limit time; 11-24-2019 at 08:52 AM.
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER

There are many states and provinces that don’t allow crossbows during archery season. Looks like I’ll get some flack for saying this but I know myself and many other bow hunters would have no problem at all with banning crossbows during archery season
    My Video Camera = Panasonic HDC-SD90

My youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/markt308

So here is an E-mail from BCWF region 2 President "clarifying" the resolution on crossbows. My apologies for relating a couple of facts "slightly" wrong. IMHO it doesn't change much. A ban on crossbows in archery season is effectively a ban on crossbow hunting. The Federal Government wants our firearms, the Provincial Government wants to end hunting and now the BCWF Reg. 2 upper executive want to take away yet another hunting opportunity. Again sorry for the slight error in my OP. This is not an assault on the BCWF it is an assault on yet another attack on our sport. Make up your own minds .

Thanks for the email. Unfortunately, in the original post there are some facts that are not correct. So I’ll answer your email and correct things and give you some background.
    The post on Facebook was incorrect in saying that I wanted a ban on crossbows. This is wrong. The resolution I am putting forward was to propose the removal of crossbows from the archery season. NOT for an outright ban on them. I would never propose such a thing. My proposed resolution would have crossbows moved to the regular season. Nothing more.
    My reasoning behind the proposal is this. Crossbow technology has advanced very rapidly even in just the last few years. With IBO speeds of upwards of 400 fps and the ability to incorporate scopes onto the platform, modern crossbows are a far cry from just a few years ago. Kill shots of upwards of 100 yards are now very possible. This makes them distinctly more powerful and capable than any other archery technology. And just as capable as a shotgun shooting a slug.
    This is a far cry from archery as it was first incorporated into the Wildlife Act. And puts a crossbow shooter at a very distinct advantage over someone using traditional or recurve equipment or even most compound bows. This change has already been made in Alberta. So I’m not proposing to reinvent the wheel.
    I knew that this resolution would bring up some good discussion and there would be people that would disagree. That kind of discussion is healthy. And I don’t even know if it will get past our regional AGM coming up. I do understand your concerns about physical ability to draw a bow. I’m an archer/bowhunter myself and have rotator cuff issues that are starting to haunt me in my early 50’s.
    The last thing I want to do is be one of “those people” proposing blanket changes to hunting these days. I’ve spent far too many years fighting for our hunting rights. I wanted to have a decent discussion about a reasonable proposal. If there are other questions I can answer please feel free to email back.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by markt308 View Post
    There are many states and provinces that don’t allow crossbows during archery season. Looks like I’ll get some flack for saying this but I know myself and many other bow hunters would have no problem at all with banning crossbows during archery season
    And traditional bow hunters could say the same about compound bows with hi tech add ons. An attack on legal hunting is an attack on hunting period.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by markt308 View Post
    And I would say compound bows also. The speed and technology is way to advanced also. The Omen, Evo, bowtech rpm 360..... and you can have sights also !
    Last edited by limit time; 11-24-2019 at 09:22 AM.
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER

Quote Originally Posted by Foxton Gundogs View Post
    So here is an E-mail from BCWF region 2 President "clarifying" the resolution on crossbows. My apologies for relating a couple of facts "slightly" wrong. IMHO it doesn't change much. A ban on crossbows in archery season is effectively a ban on crossbow hunting. The Federal Government wants our firearms, the Provincial Government wants to end hunting and now the BCWF Reg. 2 upper executive want to take away yet another hunting opportunity. Again sorry for the slight error in my OP. This is not an assault on the BCWF it is an assault on yet another attack on our sport. Make up your own minds .

Thanks for the email. Unfortunately, in the original post there are some facts that are not correct. So I’ll answer your email and correct things and give you some background.
    The post on Facebook was incorrect in saying that I wanted a ban on crossbows. This is wrong. The resolution I am putting forward was to propose the removal of crossbows from the archery season. NOT for an outright ban on them. I would never propose such a thing. My proposed resolution would have crossbows moved to the regular season. Nothing more.
    My reasoning behind the proposal is this. Crossbow technology has advanced very rapidly even in just the last few years. With IBO speeds of upwards of 400 fps and the ability to incorporate scopes onto the platform, modern crossbows are a far cry from just a few years ago. Kill shots of upwards of 100 yards are now very possible. This makes them distinctly more powerful and capable than any other archery technology. And just as capable as a shotgun shooting a slug.
    This is a far cry from archery as it was first incorporated into the Wildlife Act. And puts a crossbow shooter at a very distinct advantage over someone using traditional or recurve equipment or even most compound bows. This change has already been made in Alberta. So I’m not proposing to reinvent the wheel.
    I knew that this resolution would bring up some good discussion and there would be people that would disagree. That kind of discussion is healthy. And I don’t even know if it will get past our regional AGM coming up. I do understand your concerns about physical ability to draw a bow. I’m an archer/bowhunter myself and have rotator cuff issues that are starting to haunt me in my early 50’s.
    The last thing I want to do is be one of “those people” proposing blanket changes to hunting these days. I’ve spent far too many years fighting for our hunting rights. I wanted to have a decent discussion about a reasonable proposal. If there are other questions I can answer please feel free to email back.
    derp....derp....derp.....”I don’t want to be those people” ?? You are those people !
    Last edited by limit time; 11-24-2019 at 09:14 AM.
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER

Divide and conquer.
    what would be his next conquest?

What are his real unspoken motivations behind such a measure?

There are other unfair harvests happening in Our province at night, in parks,unregulated, on private land, that require more attention than this chicken shit proposal.
    Blacktailaholic

Thankfully this is just one BCWF members opinion, not the opinion of the BCWF as a whole, and this resolution is unlikely to get much traction with the rest of the BCWF members and regions.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Seems to be a lot of bashing of the BCWF as a whole because of the opinion of one member. Pretty sad.
    Growing old is unavoidable. Growing up is highly overrated....

Quote Originally Posted by goatdancer View Post
    Seems to be a lot of bashing of the BCWF as a whole because of the opinion of one member. Pretty sad.
    One bad idea can spread like a disease, look at the black rifles vs fudd guns....
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER