Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: BCWF to push for CROSSBOW BAN

Hybrid View

BCWF Reg.2 to push for CROSSBOW BAN

I just received this from a member of another site who is a BCWF member of Region 2. The Region 2 meeting last Wed. night I come to find out the President and Vice President, BCWF Region 2 have taken upon themselves to put forward a resolution to BAN ALL CROSSBOWS, for HUNTING. I was under the impression the BCWF was for creating MORE hunting opportunities, NOT taking them away. this will only serve to drive a wedge between hunters when we need to stand united and work together against outside forces bent on destroying out sport, not attack it from within. SPEAK UP LET YOUR FEELINGS KNOWN
    Last edited by Foxton Gundogs; 11-27-2019 at 12:00 PM.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: BCWF to push for CROSSBOW BAN

What did he say when you spoke to/emailed him?

I will get vocal as soon as I see something official and confirmed.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

I tried to send an email to that address but my email system doesn’t recognize it

Hopefully something comes out soon.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Big Lew, I just spoke to the BCWF member who sent me the information and revised the post with another email address he gave me.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

If this is true, we sure aren’t helping ourselves.

So far that is someones personal agenda and somehow FG you manage to blame the Fed for the idea
    great
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

This is the content of the message I sent to Mr McDonald.

I have learned that you and the vice-president of BCWF Region 2 have taken it upon yourselves to forward a resolution to the BC Wildlife Federation to ban crossbows for hunting. I would wonder how you and your other executive member came to arrive at such an asinine resolution? Have you ever shot a crossbow? I would also like to know if you put this to the regions board members for a vote or did you just conjure this up between yourselves?

I adamantly oppose such a resolution. As an elderly archer, I recently switched to a crossbow after decades of using regular recurve and compound bow.
    This switch was necessitated due to shoulder injury. There are many like myself that have taken to crossbows so that we can continue in the pursuit of archery. Now you want to curtail this in your own selfish way.

I will be forwarding a text of this email to the BC Wildlife Federation board to register my contempt of this absurd notion.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Hard to believe if true !

I’m sceptically optimistic it’s a misunderstanding.