Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: BCWF to push for CROSSBOW BAN

Re: BCWF to push for CROSSBOW BAN

There was once a muzzle-loader season. What happened?

Did modern in-line scope-sighted ML rifles defeat the purpose of having a primitive firearm season?

guest Guest

Wow with thoughts like these.....yes even just thoughts coming from our Regional Leaders ya wonder why membership is shrinking. No flippin wonder.
    Where the hell and what ever happened to the BCWF supporting all legal hunters of BC.
    Crazy. We can certainly be our own worst enemies.
    Glad I belong to a few other organizations that are thinking of the greater good for all rather than self driven ideas and agendas.
    As said. Crazy.
    Life long rifle and shot gunner that recently picked up a X Bow because of pooched shoulder. To challenge myself more not because of special seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by curly top View Post
    Wow with thoughts like these.....yes even just thoughts coming from our Regional Leaders ya wonder why membership is shrinking. No flippin wonder.
    Where the hell and what ever happened to the BCWF supporting all legal hunters of BC.
    Crazy. We can certainly be our own worst enemies.
    Glad I belong to a few other organizations that are thinking of the greater good for all rather than self driven ideas and agendas.
    As said. Crazy.
    Life long rifle and shot gunner that recently picked up a X Bow because of pooched shoulder. To challenge myself more not because of special seasons.
    CT- this is the agenda of a couple individuals in Reg 2. I can pretty much guarantee it’s not going far.
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

Quote Originally Posted by Marsh Hawk View Post
    Time to put this to bed.

Being as we are all adults, I decided that it was time for us to have an adult conversation about the use of crossbows. No one can deny that crossbow technology has evolved very rapidly in the last 20 years. And is very different from most other archery technologies out there. Coupled with today’s optics, a crossbow today is far more capable than those of even 10 years ago. This regulation change has already been established in Alberta so I was not proposing anything new.

What I wanted to do here was start a conversation. Not ban anything or take away anyone’s right to hunt. Those that know me know that I’ve fought for hunter access in Delta and the Fraser Valley for most of my life.

I just find it sad that we cannot have a real conversation about something these days without everyone getting their panties in a bunch. As this shit storm has progressed, I’ve decided that I will not be proposing this resolution at the Region 2 AGM next weekend. It’s dead. Seems as though free speech and open discussion are as well.

Jim Fox (Foxton Gundogs) you of all people have been around long enough to know this is NOT how procedure is supposed to work around resolutions coming to the table. Usually what happens is that a resolution comes forward and gets discussed (both for and against) and then it gets voted on. This shouldn’t be happening in the court of social media as it quickly becomes a circus. Shame on you for the way you’ve handled this Jim.

I’m out.

I think What Jim did was perfect. It showed you how ridiculous this idea was. Showed you how many people vehemently appose the taking away of our right to hunt. You want this in a closed room of minimal people who think like you.
    I am also taken back by Clarks opinion on this.

Ibtl.....
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

oh come on Rock nobody called nobody an asshole yet lol...

Quote Originally Posted by 835 View Post
    I think What Jim did was perfect. It showed you how ridiculous this idea was. Showed you how many people vehemently appose the taking away of our right to hunt. You want this in a closed room of minimal people who think like you.
    I am also taken back by Clarks opinion on this.

My opinion on what, exactly ?
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

"From Covid to Hitler in 16 posts. Not today folks"

“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.” ― George Orwell

Quakee Surpee Neekoo

Quote Originally Posted by Gateholio View Post
    I think it had something to do with your opinion on the 375 Ruger...

Quote Originally Posted by Gateholio View Post
    I just figured you would have been more on side with what this thread was created for.
    I understand that this thread came out " Guns blazing" but in cases like this they need to. Your post 31 mentioning 1 guy ... it only takes one guy. and post 53 about the dramatic way the tread was started.. this is an issue.

lately these sorts of things have been getting at me. Threads like Kossers, Sure I went a bit balls deep on that one... Threads like this one.... Clark, I just see way too much self destruction in our sport. That's all.
    sure I can understand how far Crossbows have come,,, but so have Bows... This is just another "inside attack" .... Sure at times I might be just as "Dramatic" as anyone here, I did call Kosser a Vegetarian... lol...
    But we need to band up, we need places like the BCWF to work for us making Game not taking it.