Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: BCWF to push for CROSSBOW BAN

Thumbs down Re: BCWF to push for CROSSBOW BAN

Quote Originally Posted by Marsh Hawk View Post
    ... Being as we are all adults, I decided that it was time for us to have an adult conversation about the use of crossbows...
    NOT in my mind's eye. You chose to intentionally fan flames of dissent within the hunting community (that you are "supposed to represent") based solely upon your own personal bias against crossbow use. The reasons you go on to cite are nothing but pure bullshit. Many have already pointed out the fact that modern compound bows are certainly not less capable than crossbows in the hands of an experienced shooter. I was, and have many buddies who are. What they are capable of would stun many, and even though I run with a modern crossbow, I will openly admit several of these fellows are MUCH better than I ever will be with my horizontal bow.

In my opinion, you submitted your resolution for very personal and selfish means, not at all what you came on here to try and convince us was the rational behind that move.

As this shit storm has progressed, I’ve decided that I will not be proposing this resolution at the Region 2 AGM next weekend. It’s dead.
    Correct decision IMO. Unfortunate it took public exposure of your intent to get you to do so.

If there is any shame in this matter, you are the one wearing it.
    I would like to thank Foxey for bringing this to our attention, for it is my thought that if he had not, you would still be pushing your private agenda in this regard.

In closing you can be thankful I am not a Region 2 Member. If I were, I would be doing everything in my power to see you removed from any position wherein you might be construed as "representing" hunters of any ilk whatsoever.

Ticked,
    Matt
    Last edited by IronNoggin; 11-25-2019 at 01:07 PM.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Re: BCWF to push for CROSSBOW BAN

Quote Originally Posted by markt308 View Post
    There are many states and provinces that don’t allow crossbows during archery season. Looks like I’ll get some flack for saying this but I know myself and many other bow hunters would have no problem at all with banning crossbows during archery season
    Then me as a rifle hunter would be fine with getting rid of all archery season. No more 'bow only' season. Just because you don't hunt with a crossbow doesn't mean the regulations should be changed. If they remove crossbows from the bow only season, it won't be long before they get rid of the bow only season all together. Be careful what you wish for.

Crossbows are an ideal solution for hunting in urban areas ,they will never take over bows or purest archery but their accuracy helps ensure a humane kill...isn’t that what we all want?

I have read first 3 pages and here what I think. Proposing a ban on crossbows is like restricting magnum calibers as they can do "long range". It's like saying u should only be hunting with a 30-30 or 45-70.

What he should be doing is proposing a muzzle loader season for some species. He should be focused on Increase hunting opportunities within the realms on sustainable populations NOT decreasing the .

I’ve seen some pretty messed up proposals come up over the years by people at the regional level.

Luckily the vast majority get shot down before they gain any traction. I believe this is one of them.
    Most people see the big picture better than Mark.

SSS
    Last edited by Stone Sheep Steve; 11-25-2019 at 02:33 PM.
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

Quote Originally Posted by MontyLake View Post
    Why the whining?

You want to hunt with a crossbow? Do it in the regular season same as everyone else.

No one is stopping you.
    It's not whining. It's standing up for increased hunting opportunities, not decreased.

What you are saying is the same logic of 'who cares if they ban the grizzly hunt, hunt other species'.

Now they are talking about changes to the trapping of cats; again, who cares I don't trap cats.

Then they will restrict hunting privileges until you can't hunt.

Your comments miss the point, it's not about hunting with crossbows during GOS; it's about increasing hunter opportunity not restricting it.

Would you care if you weren't allowed to hunt at all anymore??

Why the whining?

You want to hunt with a crossbow? Do it in the regular season same as everyone else.

No one is stopping you.
    Huh! A junior member. The Fudds are getting younger and younger.

It's because the hunting and shooting community can't stick together and fight for all our rights together that there's a prohib list half a mile long, and growing.
    'Cause who cares? I like cowboy guns.

It's not based on a scientific, real world advantage. It's feelings. Most likely feelings of a super hunter archer, who doesn't like sharing the bush with bottom feeding cross bow rednecks. I think some like to say "x-gunners".
    Profanity and insults are a poor substitute for knowledge and logic.

Why the whining?

No one is stopping you.
    Would you feel the same if “crossbow” in your statement was swapped out with “bow”? Using your logic why even have a bow season...?

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzybiscuit View Post
    Using your logic why even have a bow season...?

Actually, that’s the question that needs to be asked if we are to have a discussion about technological advances in archery gear.

What is the purpose of a bow season, and does advancing tech violate that purpose ? If not, then we don’t need to discuss it. If yes, then what is the solution ?
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Why not just ban all hunting.
    don't give them any ideas.