Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fall hunting cabin / lodge recommentations

Fall hunting cabin / lodge recommentations

Hi everyone,

I am looking to book accommodations early ahead of next year's Fall hunting season, and was hoping to hear some recommendations

I live in the LML, and am willing to drive up to 10 hours.
    I will have 18 month and 3 year old future hunters and anglers, as well as my wife with me.
    Family friendly hunting lodges with lakes, trails, and things to keep little kids interested while Dad is out are an asset
    target species are mostly everything (Mule, WT, Elk, Moose, Black bear, grouse etc.
    cabins with electric heating, preferred (electric heat and warm running water), to make it easier with the young kids.

looking forward to hearing suggestions that will help get me out hunting a bit more with a young family, while also getting the family into the experience and lifestyle.

Thank you,

Andrew

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Fall hunting cabin / lodge recommentations

Roche lk, close to Kamloops incase you forget those child necessities

I have an Airbnb that will be operating by then in the North Shuswap...fantastic fishing in the fall.

PM me if your interested.

Hi Andrew..region 5..you can eliminate west of fraser river..
    Couple spots east..Sheridan lake resort. .heat, lights, hot water cabins...great lk for fishing..deer, bear, grouse, moose is LEH
    another spot is towards likely...Moorehead has cabins..same species..less pressure on most animals...decent access to back country.
    Quesnel lake..Elyshia resort..close to great fishing..bears..deer..moose are leh..
    If you choose anything in the Caribou...i of course would be willing to share 34 years plus local knowledge...if you choose..
    Cheers
    Srupp

guest Guest

There was a beautiful set up of 2 or 3 nice family cabins out of lake close to Kamloops .

The fellow was a good dude and used to adverise on here. I recall hunting and of coarse good rainbow fishing close by. Sounded very hunter friendly.

Sorry I dont recall the name........ some one might post it.

Check that !!! Found it.......bclakefronts.com
    Last edited by guest; 11-21-2019 at 08:22 PM.

That would be the red lake cabins

With Wife and Kids along and wanting a bit of comfort and such, suggest Kellettcabin.webs.com in Tulameen.
    Nice, clean place, large lot, electric and wood heat, outside firepit, ATVing from the door, Tulameen River 1 minute walk and Otter lake 10 minutes plus the convenience of a store / café / liquor store / gas etc. a 5 minute walk.
    Easy drive from the LML., 25 minutes NW of Princeton.
    Depending on what you are hunting and time of the year you can access areas to hunt 10 minutes or hours away.
    There's quite a number of HBCers who frequent the place.

Surrey lake resort inbetween Merritt and Kamloops . Nothing fancy but good prices and has electric boat rentals.

Wendigo Lodge on Tranquille Lake north of Kamloops is good too.

Several operators on Loon Lake, we did a trip with a similar family composition and it was quite nice. Decent hunting as well