Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is your experience with r.a.p.p.

Re: What is your experience with r.a.p.p.

Quote Originally Posted by Keta1969 View Post
    I also wouldn't report them for doing anything they are LEGALLY allowed to do either. But i'm calling in ILLEGAL activity. F###ng really dislike poachers, give all hunters a bad name. Don't like whats's going on with FN's but 2 wrongs don't make it right.
    By Legally allowed to do it I mean what the 1st nations are legally allowed to do. If one race can do it legally, I don't see it as poaching by any other race of people doing the same.

No discrimination, one law for all!

There are a few more Co's around this year as recent recruits return from Depot training. I have had good experiences from using the RAPP line and also for all but one experience with CO's in the field.

My son and I worked for a couple of hours to get our truck started and were driving out to get the problem fixed. We got stopped out near Big Bar by a mixed RCMP/CO patrol. They would not listen to reason as to why I did not want to turn off the engine while they had their talk with us. They made their inspection and found nothing wrong and then drove off leaving us to try to get started again. That took a while in cold November weather, by the time we we got started again I was hot enough to chew nails and spit rivets (as the old saying goes).
    "The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Sorry folks.. its not 911.. its rapp..

Not life threatening ...
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

I've had mixed experiences. Called once for a big 6 pt that had been shot and left in the Squamish Valley. They came in a couple hours and I helped do the necropsy. Not much in the way of gratitude for my time and effort. Next time I ran into the guy he pretended not to know me and asked me a bunch of dumb, repetitive questions to see if he could catch me in a lie about that day's hunt. Not the sharpest tool in the shed, that guy.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

i’ve used the rapp line several times and have always had prompt follow ups.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    ^^^saw one and was having a chat the other day with one, he actually had a confiscated moose in the back, when I showed him all my tags and showed him I was transporting my gun properly he was very friendly...
    Besides having the gun unloaded what else would be considered transporting your gun properly...?

I think they do there best with what the have .Just wish they would add a few more resources.Good to here some positive experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk-i View Post
    By Legally allowed to do it I mean what the 1st nations are legally allowed to do. If one race can do it legally, I don't see it as poaching by any other race of people doing the same.

No discrimination, one law for all!
    100% this^^
    Firearms and fishing rods, my idea of a good time!

I've only called RAPP once. Got a call back mid morning the next day from a CO saying they responded.

Calling in asap is important, but an online follow up (sooner rather than later) is always good too. The more that can be "on record" the better.

https://www.for.gov.bc.ca/hen/nrv/report.htm

Phoned in a 3 point bull moose shot in a spike fork season. It was killed earlier that morning, still warm and in the corner of a clearing on side of a FSR. I was told later they determined it was a wolf kill. Mmmmhmmmm
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004