Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is your experience with r.a.p.p.

Re: What is your experience with r.a.p.p.

Buddy called in a still warm elk carcass. Saw the CO there about 2 hours later august 31 of this year.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

I found a bear poached on the side of the road, dead not even an hour. (I know because we passed that way earlier.) Took some video, loaded it up and called it in when we got service. CO came and got it at our house. They found a slug in it. I thought the service worked well. I think our CO's do what they can with what they have. Many of these CO's have areas the size of whole european countries to cover. It sucks when animals get poached, but every gut pile, or animal shot out of season may not be poaching. When a guy finds head, hide and bones left over, sounds like maybe first nations got some meat. Still good to report, but might not actually have been illegal. Take comfort in the fact that you did your due diligence. They can use all the help they can get.

This ain't going to be popular but as long as the 1st nations don't have to follow any game laws, there wouldn't be a chance in Hell I would I would concern myself with reporting any other ethnic group or individual for doing what they are legally allowed to do.
    ONE law for all or go (tippy-toe) off.
    JMHO though!

Quote Originally Posted by hawk-i View Post
    This ain't going to be popular but as long as the 1st nations don't have to follow any game laws, there wouldn't be a chance in Hell I would I would concern myself with reporting any other ethnic group or individual for doing what they are legally allowed to do.
    ONE law for all or go (tippy-toe) off.
    JMHO though!
    I also wouldn't report them for doing anything they are LEGALLY allowed to do either. But i'm calling in ILLEGAL activity. F###ng really dislike poachers, give all hunters a bad name. Don't like whats's going on with FN's but 2 wrongs don't make it right.

Ive called them in by phone and had COS there within hours or less, and Used the App to report, added photos and details as well as Geo tag the location and seen COs there within a short time.

I have used them twice: once for a poached bull moose, and a CO called me for the info..the second was FN guys were selling salmon, when they are supposed to use it only for their own sustenance, CO called me back for that and I provided pics...both times the COs were appreciative, good service considering how under-manned they are, these guys are swamped, under-funded - we need more funding to go toward not only habitat restoration projects, but for more aerial counts and more COs!

COs really dont make that much money .... I think they cap out at like $75k. So I'm surprised the government cant afford a few more of them, especially considering how much some other government jobs pay and how many are employed at such ludacris salaries

Just seems odd to implement a program and not have resources to cover it.
    I WISH ALL THE LICENCE AND TAG MONEY WENT TO WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT.Just in case anyone is listening.
    I have not seen a CO in the field in about 18 years . Makes you go Hmmmm as someone would say .

Quote Originally Posted by GEF View Post
    Just seems odd to implement a program and not have resources to cover it.
    I WISH ALL THE LICENCE AND TAG MONEY WENT TO WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT.Just in case anyone is listening.
    I have not seen a CO in the field in about 18 years . Makes you go Hmmmm as someone would say .
    In my opinion poaching has been increasing in BC do to a lack of CO presents in the bush. Shady people start to calculate the odds after years of not seeing a CO.

But like Harry states this is just one of many funding issues

^^^saw one and was having a chat the other day with one, he actually had a confiscated moose in the back, when I showed him all my tags and showed him I was transporting my gun properly he was very friendly...