Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What is your experience with r.a.p.p.

Re: What is your experience with r.a.p.p.

Poaching is going to get alot worse with what's going on in this province, the handover of a resource to those who abuse it, then expect everyone to obey their laws, its ridiculous.

I have called rapp for littering violations a couple times, it took awhile to respond (a couple days) I expected that. They followed up on it and gave me an update several days later, it was a good experience, I cleaned up the garbage, they investigated.

Called in 3 poached calf elk in the squamish valley last spring. CO contacted me and I sent him pictures, gave detailed directions and offered to take him to them. Radio silence after that, never got a follow up. I as well was blown away by the amount of area one CO is in charge of, talk about resources spread thin.
    "You can learn more about hunting with a bow in a week than you could in a lifetime of gun hunting" - Fred Bear

Called the RAPP line once about a drum of Sodium Cyanide (abandoned gold mine) Got a call back within an hour. First question he asked was what gave me the idea it was Sodium Cyanide? sent him a picture of the drum in an email and got a call back 10 minutes later. Hazmat team was there four days later to clean it up.
    Sodium cyanide when it gets wet produces hydrogen cyanide gas. the rusty drum was sitting in a puddle of water....
    I didn't realize it at the time, but I was exposed to the same gas as those in the trenches of WW1

Hey WC not a good thought, minor exposure in an open area, not trench, I think you'll be ok,
    Sad to see that some of that shit never got cleared when mining stopped,
    Have a few Beer, get some sleep, go HUNTING tomorrow, all better.

Quote Originally Posted by RICKADY View Post
    Hey WC not a good thought, minor exposure in an open area, not trench, I think you'll be ok,
    Sad to see that some of that shit never got cleared when mining stopped,
    Have a few Beer, get some sleep, go HUNTING tomorrow, all better.
    That happened several years ago and I'm still posting. Don't think there were any adverse affects....
    I didn't feel that good immediately after, but that wore off within a short time after leaving the area.
    Much of the exposure happened as a result of touring the building before seeing the drum. Couldn't figure out what the smell was. Wasn't overpowering and didn't raise any alarm bells as there was a variety of substances laying about. (used motor oil, grease, hydraulic oil etc.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN4749 (Phone).JPG 
Views:	233 
Size:	29.5 KB 
ID:	7682