Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Let’s do a euro mount .

Let’s do a euro mount .

Too much negativity and chicken little sky falling horse manure on here lately, it’s giving me a rash. So let’s do a euro mount for fun. I’ll post my step by step process wich I’m sure is all wrong but they turn out pretty ok for a 5 to 25$ investment depending on how much beer it takes to get it done! Anywho I know there is more than one way to shave a beaver but here is my method. Give it a try and you won’t be too disappointed.

step 1)
    you cannot skip step one it just won’t work out no matter what. Step one is shoot a critter ! A deer , moose, elk , whatever . Bigger antennas on there head look cool and also make your buddies jealous wich is great but not entirely necessary.
    wonder what’s over the next hill?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Let’s do a euro mount .

Step number 2)
    get a beverage and a good knife and your skull to be and skin it out . I star by slicing up the forehead and go from there . You will need to remove the eyes just a warning these are held in by the same crap that holds the tail on the shuttle . Then you need to take your d-8 cat and remove the lower jaw. Don’t get too crazy about getting all meat and whatnot off.

When I’m done it looks like this.

When I’m done mine’s a lot whiter with no meat on it.

Where’s the Lucky’s. I thought you were an Island boy...

Step number 3
    put your skull in a big pot and add enough water to cover all tissue at base of antlers . You can put a rock in and set nose on it to change angle if it works better. Don’t be shy about antlers being in the water . Add a good amount of dish soap and dish soap only and cook it on a simmer to slow boil for probably 4 hours less is more here as long as meat peel from bone your good.

Woooops back up the wagon step 3 should be if you can and have an air compressor stick a blow gun in hole where spine atched to skull ., then stand aside cause everything this critter has ever known is coming out that hole once you put air in there . This is an important step I’m sorry I put it out of order.

After boiling skull looks like this.

Love it! Good to see a good humerus thread rather than all the crap on here. Oh and also informative-- thanks!

Step number ....????
    Whatever next step after boiling not too long now cause nose will fall off if ya boil too long , 4 hours should be good.I like to pull big chunks of stuff off then get your power washer out and have at it get all the little holes brain cavity every little nook and cranny Now this will take mostly all of the nasel bones out wich some people like but I’m on beer 6 now and getting impatient.. there is a substance on back of skull that is atached by forces beyond this world but persistence will pay off with your power washer if you don’t have a power washer head down to the chevron dime and dash I’m sure they will enjoy the yucky junk on the floor anyway. You will need to remove the brain lining with plyers it comes out easy.

Next step ..
    you will need to get a screw driver and remove the ear bones as there is tissue under them that will smell like a herrings but hole .

after it is removed it looks like this

then wash again to remove tissue.