Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Let’s do a euro mount .

Re: Let’s do a euro mount .

I am working on my euro for an immy moose. I put the photo of us posing over the moose, the skinned head and the mostly fleshed skull (2 hours with pressure washer and a knife to get 90% of flesh off. I got two nice steak sized chunks of meat off the cheeks that I ground up and put in a chilli, I also cut off the base of the skull (where it connects to the spine) to pull out the brain and it also makes it easy to hang on a spike

the photos are in the site gallery

This procedure works fantastic. Just put it to use on a buck I got last week. Only thing I do extra is drill a 5/8" hole in the underside of the skull, at the front of the brain, put in the air wand hooked up to my compressor, and blow the brains out the existing spinal cord hole at the base of the skull. Great Stuff!!

if you have access to it, the ocean works great too. I have tied an uncleaned head to the wharf and it was picked clean with ease.

From what I understand is you have to get the grease out of the head completely and may need to freshen up the boiling pot with clean water and soap, or your euro will discolour over time.

Quote Originally Posted by firebird View Post
    From what I understand is you have to get the grease out of the head completely and may need to freshen up the boiling pot with clean water and soap, or your euro will discolour over time.
    Unlike our legal system you can trust the process here. I will post my results probably Saturday and also I will post pictures of skulls that are 6-8 years old now using the same method. It works well and doesn’t require too much overthinking.
    wonder what’s over the next hill?

This one is 5 years old now . I took papertowel off after 48 hrs should have given it another day but still looks ok.

img hosting

My last few I've done. One on the far wall was done by a taxidermist who ruined it. Too bad as it is my biggest buck ever but does not look like because of they its mounted. Big waste of 500 bucks before I knew better....

Will this process work with a velvet buck?

Quote Originally Posted by 139grainsofhell View Post
    Will this process work with a velvet buck?
    This I could not answer as I have never tried .

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post

img hosting

My last few I've done. One on the far wall was done by a taxidermist who ruined it. Too bad as it is my biggest buck ever but does not look like because of they its mounted. Big waste of 500 bucks before I knew better....
    That’s a whole lot of bone; nice job.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.