Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nikon pulling out

Re: Nikon pulling out

Nikon is in financial trouble.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they file for chapter 11
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Nikon distancing themselves from rifle scopes which can be mounted on the terrible black assault rifle. It has nothing to do with competitive marketplace, everything to do with them looking ahead at the future of their company. Nikon has slipped to #3 behind Canon & Sony, they'd be further behind when news gets out that Nikon supplies mass shooters with sniper scopes
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

I own 4 of them , love them quality is not a issue buy far , great glass just as clear as my swaro z3 I think

That sucks...
    Have a scope from them on my .22.
    Hope I never have issues, as warranty and replacement is always a concern before buying a product, especially a scope, binos.

Quote Originally Posted by 308 win View Post
    I own 4 of them , love them quality is not a issue buy far , great glass just as clear as my swaro z3 I think
    That sounds like a good offer. I will send you a Nikon Monarch, and you send me your Z3.

If it's anything like their camera department, it's no wonder they are going tit's up, had Nikon for 40 some yrs and their quality and warranty are the shit's, Just my thought's as I'm lookin for a new camera to go with $8000 worth of Nikon not so good stuff, can't even buy a card for a D70 and they want to sell me a 7500 that came on the market 8 yrs ago and forget Costco for Nikon as their stuff is all from the last 2 yrs and that's why they give such a good deal until you need help from Nikon themselves.

It looks like they're just getting out of rifle scopes they're still going to make spotting Scopes and binoculars

With the success of the Monarch line of binos, I'd be very surprised if they were to ever to leave the bino market. Pretty much best products in their price ranges.

Quote Originally Posted by KBC View Post
    Kind of a bummer. I use the Monarch 5 binos that are cheaper than the Vortex Viper HDs but looked a fair amount better when I looked through them. I was planning on eventually upgrading them for the top of the line Nikon binos in a year or two because I've been so impressed with the quality. Good value for the money.

I've also been watching for the blackFX scopes they make to go on sale but I might look at other options now.

its only the scopes they are backing away from binos and spotting scopes are still being made.

They are pulling out of the laser rangefinder market as well as any binoculars with camo etc.

It seems that they are dissociating themselves with anything hunting.

I was at Cabelas yesterday and the Nikon rep told the hunting department manager they are pulling out of several products