Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nikon pulling out

Nikon pulling out

Nikon is pulling out of the scope business .. so I wonder how they will take care of there long time customers if there is a
    warranty issue .. no more replacements ...

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Nikon pulling out

I'm sure it will be fine. They likely wont dismantle their warranty department for it and I'm sure they have a good stock pile of parts.

I dont own any of their scopes but I like Nikon stuff. They make good glass. I have their higher end binos and I've been very happy with their performance

I wonder why they decided to do that.... low sales? It's a competitive market out there for low and medium priced scopea.

If anyone hears of any clearance sales for Nikon post up ... I'd be interested in picking one up for the right price.

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    I'm sure it will be fine. They likely wont dismantle their warranty department for it and I'm sure they have a good stock pile of parts.

I dont own any of their scopes but I like Nikon stuff. They make good glass. I have their higher end binos and I've been very happy with their performance

I wonder why they decided to do that.... low sales? It's a competitive market out there for low and medium priced scopea.
    I could be way off base , but I had originally heard they can’t compete with the likes of vortex no fault any time replacement. Vortex low end glass is just that but upper end models have good glass. Drive over it... whoops I’ll just send it back for a new one. How do you beat that. It almost makes it worth while to go with less quality. I shoot and glass myself with vortex so far I’ve only had to send back binoculars and it was easy and hassle free. And that’s the only reason I go with vortex if I could afford more expensive glass I’d have it.

Kind of a bummer. I use the Monarch 5 binos that are cheaper than the Vortex Viper HDs but looked a fair amount better when I looked through them. I was planning on eventually upgrading them for the top of the line Nikon binos in a year or two because I've been so impressed with the quality. Good value for the money.

I've also been watching for the blackFX scopes they make to go on sale but I might look at other options now.

I had a nikon scope for back for warranty had no receipt and was 12 years old not a prob they done repair they sent me a new model free .. as for the Binos there not getting out of them only scopes , and yes there will be a sale for sure . I’ll love them I will buy more . Way better then Chinese vortex I believe

I used to be a professional sports photographer and have had Nikon gear since the mid 80s. I have their scopes and binos. Sad to hear they are getting out, (what is the source for this info?) but to be honest, I was surprised they made scopes in the first place.

Edit: Found this link: https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/ni...cope-business/

At least it seems like a market based decision rather than political or social pressure based as they are continuing production of the rest of their firearm related products.
    Last edited by Redthies; 11-20-2019 at 08:16 AM.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Nikon went down hill after they moved there production from Japan to the Philippines ,same place as Vortex .

From what I read it just said due to competitive market

Our local dealer stopped selling them a few years ago because of quality issues. Myself I own one that is on a A-Bolt 243 WSSM that is at the back of the safe. Never had an issue but never used it much.