Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Rut activity

Re: Rut activity

Quote Originally Posted by joshbazz View Post
    Crazy, gotta hate when that happens! I’ve still yet to see a WT buck, but I’ll be lookin this week
    No pressure but I expect you to do something about that and since you are lagging behind I expect a solid 180 buck min lol

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Everyone gets those moments that something stupid goes wrong

But it’s way funnier when I hear it happen to someone else lol
    LOL I know it is funny...he sure was a nice one though, I wasn't laughing at the time..I really wouldn't be laughing if I didn't have meat in the freezer..

Quote Originally Posted by joshbazz View Post
    Crazy, gotta hate when that happens! I’ve still yet to see a WT buck, but I’ll be lookin this week
    You got 6 days, shoot me a PM....

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    LOL I know it is funny...he sure was a nice one though, I wasn't laughing at the time..I really wouldn't be laughing if I didn't have meat in the freezer..
    If it helps it make me feel better about my screw up with a big buck this year lol

saw a decent 4 point yesterday hot on a doe chasing her all over hillside

If it helps it make me feel better about my screw up with a big buck this year lol
    Lol,glad,to,hear I'm not the only one...if I shot every big one that I screwed up on...well I'd have a lot more heads on the wall, I seem to screw up more with the big ones, lol damn buck fever I guess...

Lol,glad,to,hear I'm not the only one...if I shot every big one that I screwed up on...well I'd have a lot more heads on the wall, I seem to screw up more with the big ones, lol damn buck fever I guess...
    a few years back I had a monster mulie walk right in to me head down.. oblivious. I settled in took a deep breath .. exhaled and fogged up my scope. It was -20 turned to ice lol and that was that over in a heart beat lol I’ve yet to see another that big. Still gives me nightmares

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly View Post
    a few years back I had a monster mulie walk right in to me head down.. oblivious. I settled in took a deep breath .. exhaled and fogged up my scope. It was -20 turned to ice lol and that was that over in a heart beat lol I’ve yet to see another that big. Still gives me nightmares
    That's exactly why many old timers liked to hunt with just their 30/30 in timber.
    I had a bull elk, same thing, very cold out and only when I lifted to shoot did I realize my scope had fogging issues.
    Have also fogged it up once or twice on my own and it's hard to remove it when it freezes in a snap!

You got 6 days, shoot me a PM....
    Will do Harry...

I went up yesterday, had less than four hours between 10:30am and 2pm, tried to make the most of it. Hiked up that hill you mentioned - probably too fast and too noisy. All the tracks I saw were going downhill, looked pretty fresh. onX says I hiked up 1.2 km, about 120m in elevation. Didn't see anything moving. Tried to go slow, stopped and glassed lots.

What I learned is:

- I don't need to fill my pack up with 30 extra pounds, had 3 litres of water, extra clothes, other gear I didn't need, and my pack weighs 7 pounds empty. Holy shat, my legs were jello once I got up past a km. I didn't drink anything, nor did I eat anything until I got back to the truck ( though I did eat and drink a lot of water before hiking).

- Going downhill is MUCH harder when your legs want to give in (man am I out of shape!). It was funny, I was cursing myself for not bringing trekking poles. Halfway down I realized that I could just pick up one of the thousands of solid branches that were everywhere on the hill. Now that helped a TON! I literally went down 50 yards backwards because my legs were so sore, haha.

Anyways, burned plenty of calories, which I was happy to do... I love it when a workout is a side effect of doing something engaging.
    ~
    Adult Onset Hunter
    CCFR Member

Wherever there is Animal Worship there is Human Sacrifice. That is, both symbolically and literally, a real truth of historical experience.
    — G. K. Chesterton

No pressure but I expect you to do something about that and since you are lagging behind I expect a solid 180 buck min lol
    haha, no pressure at all...
    ~
    Adult Onset Hunter
    CCFR Member

Wherever there is Animal Worship there is Human Sacrifice. That is, both symbolically and literally, a real truth of historical experience.
    — G. K. Chesterton