Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pickup your sh*t!

Re: Pickup your sh*t!

Litterbugs are scum!

I spent a month in the Yukon recently camping in various locations, I found only one beer can and everywhere I went it was CLEAN!

Ive been down there a few times this season, i pack out a bag of trash each time, i figure with how many dog walkers and photographers are down there it makes us look a little better.

On my way in and out of Brunswick I always stop to throw in hulls and wads into my sled. Rarely beer cans but not too uncommon to find someone's food trash that they just left there. Every summer I try to take part in the Shoreline Cleanup there. It is a bit embarrassing seeing the rest of the clean up team picking up and cataloguing hunting trash but there is plenty of other sources of garbage that floats in there.

I spend my time picking up as many hulls as I can see after I finish up at my spot. I know I am leaving some but I make an effort and invariably I am picking up another hunter's hulls. With the emphasis these days on cleaning up floating plastic garbage we need to be proactive or else hunting will be targeted!

One time at Boundary I found someone's stash of empties all nicely wrapped up in a garbage bag waiting to be recycled. Not sure why they were stashing it in the middle of the foreshore.

Also along the dyke there is never a day when I don't see someone's dogshit nicely wrapped up in a baggie on the side of the path. I know people say they are just leaving it there to pick up on the way back but you will always see some old dog shit baggie that is week's old just laying there.
    Last edited by silveragent; 12-05-2019 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by silveragent View Post
    Also along the dyke there is never a day when I don't see someone's dogshit nicely wrapped up in a baggie on the side of the path. I know people say they are just leaving it there to pick up on the way back but you will always see some old dog shit baggie that is week's old just laying there.
    I went for a walk there for the first time yesterday, I was amazed by the amount of dogs running off leash and the number of shitbags along the route, some of the crap was still fresh and steaming.
    Most of the people I ran into were nice though but I did see a few dog owners bickering at one another.

We'll see later, I plan on going back tomorrow but this time for hunting as I have the week off, my first ever time out for ducks, wish me luck as I'll need it.

Was out to Cow Bay on the island a couple times with a buddy over the last few days. We took out abot 3 dozen shotgun shell hulls from widgeon island and again this morning about 2 dozen from the same spot.

No excuse for this and its not like it was in long grass, just laying there in plain sight. Maybe you are expecting your mommy to come behind you and clean up, but pretty sure that wont happen. As the OP said, pick your shit up.
    Last edited by Ron.C; 12-23-2019 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron.C View Post
    Was out to Cow Bay on the island a couple times with a buddy over the last few days. We took out abot 3 dozen shotgun shell hulls from widgeon island and again this morning about 2 dozen from the same spot.

No excuse for this and its not like it was in long grass, just laying there in plain sight. Maybe you are expecting your mommy to come behind you and clean up, but pretty sure that wont happen. As the OP said, pick your shit up.
    What's the point of picking it up when they know it's going decompose in about 1000 years,,,,maybe.

They're the same people who leave Tim Horton's coffee cups out in the bush or on the river bank. If no one is around to see them they don't give a rat's ass about the environment. Hopefully karma gets them in the end.

It is just sad this happens, and when enough people complain they could shut it down, I am happy to hear most hunters will clean up after these such pigs, good on you guys for doing this, just picked up another pick up stick for shotgun shells makes it pretty easy to pick them up.

I was out at a spot in delta this morning and had no luck so figured id stop at boundary bay and have a look,not much going on there either but i did manage to pick up probably 2 boxes worth of old shells and wads, plus beer cans water bottles and a sun screen bottle, they werent hard to spot so maybe if the slobs are on here and see this try taking a look around before you pack up next time.
    I even picked up wads that were probably 20-30 yards off the dyke,which would lead me to believe some genius was shooting from the dyke or if not from the dyke within the boundary for shooting, probably not the greatest idea.

I regularly hunt boundary bay. I try to pick up every hull that comes out of my gun, and any extra crap that’s laying around. I cought one guy there in early season shooting 30 mins after last shot time. We need to regulate our own out there or it will get shut down completely. Good on you guys for cleaning up the crap!
    Last edited by Redthies; 01-03-2020 at 09:50 PM.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

It was a duckless afternoon on the bay today. Too much wind I guess, but I picked up 150 or so hulls and wads since there were no birds.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.