Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pickup your sh*t!

Pickup your sh*t!

We went out to Boundary Bay off Ladner Trunk and 112th Monday morning to hunt the shoreline after dropping off our kids to school. Arrived to our spot only to find and I kid you not, several hundred shells all pilled up in one spot along the shore. It was an absolute disgrace. Naturally we picked everything up and packed it out, but leaving behind garbage like this or of any kind is simply not acceptable. Our guess is that there was a group of people hunting on Sunday the 18th who left all their sh*t behind and oddly enough it looks like they took the time to pile up all the hulls into one spot, so why not take the extra step and pack it out?

Hunting public land is a privilege, not a right. So if you are out with a group of friends enjoying our outdoors, be the example and insist your hunting partners pick up their garbage!

**/Gets off soapbox.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Pickup your sh*t!

Ya everywhere you go no matter deep in the bush, even the walking only trails, garbage never seems to far.
    Try to pac out whatever I can, some of that crap I won't even touch.
    All outdoor user groups should be aware and clean up after yourselves.
    Just like our Mom's taught us.

In some cases actual sh*t. Just the other weekend someone left a load right in the middle of the road. But yes, with only a small handful of exceptions, there's been all sorts of trash, even hours from the nearest road. I'm sure it's not just hunters, but the point still stands.

It's pretty sad to see that's for sure!

I went there on a bike trip with my wife one time and brought a garbage bag. Filled it up with shells and wads and found a real cool telescoping boat hook washed up too. I use it to pull fig tree branches now in the back yard. Perfect.

Those float in from Chiiiiina.
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Mann View Post
    In some cases actual sh*t. Just the other weekend someone left a load right in the middle of the road. But yes, with only a small handful of exceptions, there's been all sorts of trash, even hours from the nearest road. I'm sure it's not just hunters, but the point still stands.
    deja vu all over again.....it’s like the ultimate zombie thread, just wont die.

Picked up with the grandson on our way home before the snow hit 42 empty beer cans. Not one pop can. Pretty scary that whomever is driving around is drinking beer. Hopefully not hunters right!

To the OP....

I totally understand. See my thread "Pet peeve...."

Painful.

Back 5 miles from anywhere I picked up 6 beer cans in one spot. Drinking 6 beer in less than a couple of hours and still hunting!! Met the dude later on in the week at the same spot. He was on his 4th. I told him to pack the empties out. Never seen any empties on the trail for a while.
    Didn't go anywhere near his spotting area.
    Some slobs you would need a front end loader and a dump truck.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"