Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WTF....why kill more than you can eat just because your allowed too??

Re: WTF....why kill more than you can eat just because your allowed too??

Quote Originally Posted by kosser View Post
    whats everyone take on killing animals just for the sake of it, i know of a couple parties that had good years, filled the freezer with big game yet they bored so they go hunting and keep killing to fill there 25 dollar tags they bought. its bad enough fn have special rights can hunt and kill what ever they want when ever they want. Also I'm not not talking about the poaching that still probably keeps happening. Population is only getting bigger,, with the liberals at office mass immigration is most likely on the way. Everyone complaining about low game numbers. I would assume the next regulations changes will will be completely different or if not shut down the season completely like what happen this year to our fishing industry...

I’d much rather have more than I need and share it with people I enjoy than to run out before next season, sounds like you may be someone that’s having a tough time filling tags and is a bit jealous.

assuming the meat doesn’t go to waste what is the difference ? Legally harvested is legally harvested , whether the hunter eats it or his family.

I agree with the over harvesting of some is a real problem. The system is very liberal if you ask me. Increase the cost of tags and spend more on conservation and management.

Hmm Are we sure that licensed hunters actually impact populations that severely? I’d venture that urban sprawl, industrial activity and predators probably make a much bigger dent

Just wondering who the expert source is that decides how much meat a family needs? I fill my tags to feed my family. The regulations allow me to harvest a maximum number of different species and I fill them as I feel fit. As far as I know there isn't an authority out there that can tell me how much meat I can eat. If I kill it, it gets eaten. Stop whining online and put your boots to the ground to fill your freezer and soothe your hurt butt.

Quote Originally Posted by Fella View Post
    Hmm Are we sure that licensed hunters actually impact populations that severely? I’d venture that urban sprawl, industrial activity and predators probably make a much bigger dent
    I dont think hes saying it is a reason for the decline. I think he is saying why add to to an existing problem by taking more than you need.

I agree that many people here eat what they kill and kill only what the plan to eat ... but there is no doubt the minority that is just out to fill tags. Theres hunters of all shapes and sizes and preferences.

I dont really even get the point of this thread. You killed a legal moose. Who cares if your family ate it or your brothers family?

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post

I dont really even get the point of this thread.

The point is to troll us 270. Hes got all the bases covered. FN, immigrants, over harvesting. His verbiage reminds of that jackass a few years ago from Germany looking to get photos of "Piles of dead wolves"................PILES!!

kosser posts his 10th post on HBC having been a member for just over 3 months. Its a post like this with only birds chirping form him....

and your other 9 or so are here
    http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...72#post2112572

where in your post 14 you shot at 2 moose. one on the road and had 2 shots at a bull walking at what you said is long range?
    and here you are..... I'm thinking you have some learning to do

Reeeeeeeee........

Yeeeeeeeeet.........

Ooooooooof.......

Honk.
    Last edited by limit time; 11-19-2019 at 02:40 PM.
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER

I was fortunate to get two deer in 2018. This fall wifey asked me to not shoot any this fall because we have a year's worth left.

I went out with buds hoping they would get something, just so I could go hunting.

Depends on the family.. my wife will not cook any meat left over after 2 years. All packs are date stamped. Usually have very little left over past the 2 yr deadline.. it dors not go to waste, we make burger jerky or give to my f-i-l for trapping bait
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main