Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: WTF....why kill more than you can eat just because your allowed too??

Re: WTF....why kill more than you can eat just because your allowed too??

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle View Post
    properly wrapped meat lasts longer than 2 years...I have eaten 6 year old roast that only needed a little trimming and was awesome...don't waste food period is the right message!!!! "you better eat that "lil johnny"...don't you know that there are starving kids in Africa?" is what I was told as a kid when it comes to wasting food of any sort.
    Thank God there is someone else with my opinion on how long meat lasts when wrapped properly. I had some 5 years old sheep steaks that I found deep in the freezer earlier this year. Tasted and cooked fine.

changed my post, wasted meat is a bad thing. that practice would not considered conservation.
    Last edited by BRrooster; 11-22-2019 at 06:13 AM.

I've never shot more than I can eat. I have accomplished this by eating everything I put in the freezer. It's a good system.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

You take what you need and leave the rest for another year. Tag out if you can/want to.

Greed is a horrible addiction.

I went hunting with a guy when I was young and he would use all the young guys tags just to fill his freezer.
    Give you a few cuts and say there's your share.

i hunt for the experience....meat is cheaper in the stores.

Quote Originally Posted by SSG-man View Post
    You take what you need and leave the rest for another year. Tag out if you can/want to.

Greed is a horrible addiction.

I went hunting with a guy when I was young and he would use all the young guys tags just to fill his freezer.
    Give you a few cuts and say there's your share.

i hunt for the experience....meat is cheaper in the stores.

I’m of the same mindset as you on this topic

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Self control is lacking with some hunters there is 2 things that commonly have me shake my head. One you mentioned is those who take more than they needed and it goes to waste. Then there are those who complain about extremely low numbers and then go shoot a doe/cow in the area

Just because it’s legal does not always make it right. Conservation mind ethics shown by example go farther then complaining about issues.

I believe unregulated hunting is still a much bigger issue
    Bang! Nail right on the head.

The best one I always here is . Someone else was gonna shoot it. So I did.LOL
    Thats Stupid.. If you kill it its 100Percent dead.LOL..

[QUOTE=decker9;2132543]100% agree kosser. Over harvesting is a big problem. What really irks me is when people try to unload “last years” game meat on me for trap bait, just so they can go hunt again. I see it every single year.[/QUOTE

I have said it on here before and caught flak for the word BAN.. But I think in BC if you shoot a big game animal you should have to choose. You want an Elk . then no moose..You want a moose then no elk. same as a caribou.
    The only way you should be able to harvest another big game animal is if you harvest a wolf , cougar , or blackbear the season before. Not a perfect model but I think it would help.

Totally agree with u on the the dump your freezer mentality .

[QUOTE=pro 111;2133111][QUOTE=decker9;2132543]100% agree kosser. Over harvesting is a big problem. What really irks me is when people try to unload “last years” game meat on me for trap bait, just so they can go hunt again. I see it every single year.[/QUOTE

I have said it on here before and caught flak for the word BAN.. But I think in BC if you shoot a big game animal you should have to choose. You want an Elk . then no moose..You want a moose then no elk. same as a caribou.
    The only way you should be able to harvest another big game animal is if you harvest a wolf , cougar , or blackbear the season before. Not a perfect model but I think it would help.

Totally agree with u on the the dump your freezer mentality .[/QUOT

I would be game for that!

Quote Originally Posted by Keta1969 View Post
    Alot of people think it's a right.It's not. It's a priviledge. People need to understand there is a difference. I suppose what you do with the meat after it is legally tagged is then your right. Don't think the OP was wanting apologies. I never see these threads as anti hunter whether it's restricted access areas, game cams, season limits,point restrictions or whatever. Nothing wrong with a healthy back and forth and concern for wildlife.
    Bang on.

Healthy AND RESPECTFUL debate is the whole point here. Some members think that just because everyone doesn't see things their way that "the antis" are infiltrating the site, or that the antis will see that hunters don't all believe the exact same things and they'll go public with that news flash!!

Oh my goodness, there is someone who believes we shouldn't shoot everything just because we're allowed!!! Quick, silence him before the antis go to the gov and get the regs changed, all because of that guy on huntingbc!!!
    Last edited by Looking_4_Jerky; 11-21-2019 at 11:09 PM.