Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: WTF....why kill more than you can eat just because your allowed too??

Re: WTF....why kill more than you can eat just because your allowed too??

Some really need to experience hunting communities outside of BC to see the difference. You will still find some infighting but way more involvement in the hunting orgs and focus on improving conservation

BC is often a free for all screw the other guy, nothing is a hunter’s fault and get what you can before it’s gone mindset

Have to look at it this way.
    Sure, there are folks that cut there tags, and as one voice said, it isn't that hard if you have the time to do so.
    Remember, for all those groups/individuals that feel the need to cut all their tags, there is also another group out there that does
    not feel like they need to cut tags.
    Most years, I can cut a WT and a MD tag, no problem, with limited time.
    Bit I don't, nor did my dad (this year was an exception for him due to grand daughter).
    Heck, he hadn't take a MD in 25 years now!...not because he couldn't (he had more than a few easy opportunities)
    Same with WT, we pass on legal ones all the time while out hunting Elk.
    I haven't shot one in 20 years now, not anyone that comes with us, and not because we don't have chances.

I think it balances out in the end.
    Should some hunters think about being greedy at time...yes, and I have no issue saying that.
    But then some folks are just greedy by nature.

Had a FN tell me one season he had already taken 20+ MD! (bs'ing...no idea but I saw him out every day, so I think he wasn't)

Unregulated hunting is a bigger issue folks, and there is a lot of it going on out there.
    Heck, there are still clowns in our community using atv in atv banned areas, and they aren't clueless!...they know it, and know where they are going to hit honey holes)
    How is being poached....how much are FN actually harvesting???
    Those are the issues that effect wildlife management and the rest of us more down the road.

And we should also be more concerned about all the loss of habitat, more then what another fellow hunter does...."legally".
    But I wont dump on the OP....
    People should ask themselves...
    "do I really need this in the freezer??? or is it just an ego thing????"

If you eat, take it, if it is legal to do so.
    IF you are out for the hunting experience, rather than punching tags, then get out and enjoy it.
    Too much time being wasted being pissed all the time....and yea there is a lot to be pissed about thee days.

Just remember, human nature will never change.
    Only the laws to keep them in check.

Quote Originally Posted by decker9 View Post
    It’s funny, the OP didn’t once call any one person out, yet lots get offended.... ime, it usually tells a tale.

I totally hear your point kosser, we’r eating bison tag soup, for the exact reason of your post, and quite fine with it, filling tags isn’t as hard as some think.
    Agree with this post. Hunting and licenses and tags are a privilege to most of us. Use it ethically and wisely or it can be taken away. Why take more than you need?

Quote Originally Posted by 180grainer View Post
    I've never personally met anyone that had filled their freezer but continued to hunt and kill wildlife just cause they wanted to kill more. I smell Douce.
    I bought a second freezer so we wouldn't run out of room, who do people think they are telling us how much meat we NEED. Sounds like the firearms banners telling us what we NEED. Shooting cows? Why do outfitters get cow moose tags? Guess they have clients that want a cow moose trophy?

Unregulated hunting is causing the problem...oh man...it's the flipping predators and their population explosion, unregulated hunting has always been there.

I fill as many tags as I can every year. Currently I have two freezers almost full to the brim. Why? Because I know if I don't it only takes one bad year for me to start having to buy meat again. I've seen and heard far too many people eating tag soup to pass on filling tags. Besides, anything extra beyond my freezer capacity gets turned into delicious cured meats. Not one scrap goes to waste.

Quote Originally Posted by quadrakid View Post
    Is it not enough to go after Liberals and asian poachers and rampant native overhunting,and Quebecers? Nope , now you guys are turning on other hunters. You are like some mutant rat population that kills everything then turns on their own kind until only one rat remains.
    I read your post and it just seemed a natural response for me to wonder why you're here.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

I like how when someone posts a topic for the sake of discussion (kinda the point of a forum, no?), anyone with nothing intelligent to say has to come out and start calling people trolls, jealous, puss, anti, vegetarian, libtard, and the list goes on. Lot of real pieces of work on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by quadrakid View Post
    Is it not enough to go after Liberals and asian poachers and rampant native overhunting,and Quebecers? Nope , now you guys are turning on other hunters. You are like some mutant rat population that kills everything then turns on their own kind until only one rat remains.
    " Mutant rat population " wow you are some kind of wonderful,were you stuck in the birth canal too long?

In Alberta a guy could potentially get 3 white tail tags, elk tag and a mule deer tag over the counter with no draws. Completely doable if you don't mind traveling. Throw in a moose tag and you have a awful lot of meat. Seems like a little much to me.

So all you folks that are worried about hunters "overharvesting", do you think the government should make some changes to the regulations? Do you want to see us lose more hunting opportunities? Here we have a thread that is perfect for the antis. A bunch of hunters complaining that hunters overharvest.