Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: WTF....why kill more than you can eat just because your allowed too??

Re: WTF....why kill more than you can eat just because your allowed too??

Quote Originally Posted by tigrr View Post
    Well I met a bunch of lower mainlanders who came up to the cariboo region to hunt. They had 2 moose, 4 mule deer and a bunch of grouse and were looking for whitetail to finish off the 10 animals they had tags for. Greed is rampant everywhere. Justifying the cost of the trip?
    depending on the size of the group and their families that may not be that bad

My family of 4 eats a lot of meat in a year

I'll gladly fill a tag in a surplus year to tide me over when the freezer is skimp. No two seasons are the same. I've eaten muley tags because I wanted bigger horn in surplus but would happily of filled it even though I didn't need the meat right then. It doesn't go to waste and it lasts a lot longer in the freezer than people give credit for if wrapped properly. None of anyone's business just do your own thing.

Legal is legal. Stop being a puss
    wonder what’s over the next hill?

Critters were made to fit in one pound packs . Start figuring out how to fill the one pound packs and you will stop being a sniveling baby.
    wonder what’s over the next hill?

Quote Originally Posted by dougan View Post
    Legal is legal. Stop being a puss

but if I don’t agree with others hunt, can’t I be vocal and force them to change ?

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    but if I don’t agree with others hunt, can’t I be vocal and force them to change ?
    libtards do this all the time.
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER

Quote Originally Posted by tigrr View Post
    Well I met a bunch of lower mainlanders who came up to the cariboo region to hunt. They had 2 moose, 4 mule deer and a bunch of grouse and were looking for whitetail to finish off the 10 animals they had tags for. Greed is rampant everywhere. Justifying the cost of the trip?
    You didn’t say how many people in that hunt camp ? Wait ! You almost had me ! Ain’t no moose left in the boo.
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER

Tag count in my house. 4 elk, 3 moose, 4 white tails, 3 mule deer, 3 goat, 4 bear. I have kids who want to hunt, and want to learn to be effective hunters. Would I take away an opportunity for a kid to take an animal? Definately not. We have had a good year. (we always have a good year) 1 elk, 1 moose, 1 white tail, 1 mule deer. 3 of those animals were firsts for the kids. All of them will be eaten. I always thought that harvested animals were regulated by the ministry of environment, not random citizens who want to force their views on others. Just heard a similar story on the news. Some animal rights activists chained themselves to a bank in Kelowna because they sponsored a rib BBQ. Probably going to cook more ribs than they can eat.....

Quote Originally Posted by limit time View Post
    You didn’t say how many people in that hunt camp ? Wait ! You almost had me ! Ain’t no moose left in the boo.
    I’m more than happy to fill all my tags in a year. This year I took a mule deer two whitetail an Immy moose and a black bear. One bear short of a perfect year. Nothing ever goes to waste I eat it or give lots to friends. I think the problem with a few of these guys is they are unable to fill their tags because if they had filled their tags they wouldn’t start such a stupid post. I don’t know one hunter who doesn’t like filling tags. Last year I shot jack shit that’s how it goes. Nobody has the right to dictate how people fill or don’t fill tags . I recommend filling as many as one can

Lots of talk back and forth if you have tags and you fill them good for you. Being legal and sustainable are to different things. Not up to us on this forum to decide but i hope they improve the management system in this province sooner than later.