Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: WTF....why kill more than you can eat just because your allowed too??

Re: WTF....why kill more than you can eat just because your allowed too??

Quote Originally Posted by quadrakid View Post
    So all you folks that are worried about hunters "overharvesting", do you think the government should make some changes to the regulations? Do you want to see us lose more hunting opportunities? Here we have a thread that is perfect for the antis. A bunch of hunters complaining that hunters overharvest.
    QK, I don't always see eye to eye with you on some of your posts, but I do respect your right to have an opinion just like everyone else. Having said that, I think the four posts you’ve made in this thread are spot-on.

The biggest anti couldn’t have set this thread up any better and we’re just playing into their hands...

Nope regs are fine, Were lucky to even have em the way they are. self control and human nature, conservation is what i was getting at. all this is from my experience, i live in the lower main land. 100% agree with the fella that said its different in the interior and smaller communities, they appreciate and respect what we have better.(again, my opinion) also the two guys that tried making it a race issue effing beat it with that shit....quick on the draw to make anything or everything a race issue usually for your own benefit.
    admin. can kill this thread any time......

Quote Originally Posted by kosser View Post
    wish me and you could meet in person and have a chat my friend....
    I'm sure it would go better than all of this.
    what you have done here is started a big infight. You admittedly eat meat only 2-3 times a week... I eat it every day. By that statement I eat more animals then you do. so you could easily look at me and say I over harvest because I eat more meat.

You threw down the gauntlet, you didn't ask a question you came out bullets first. what did you think was coming?

you are correct in that some people over harvest, to which I fully agree that it is bad... but what you do not know is that those people could over harvest ( and still be wrong ) if we as hunters would use this same energy in better ways..
    Habitat, Predation and Unregulated hunting... THAT IS THE PROBLEM... so you can pull the "meat (lol) me in person" card all you like. because if you did, you would learn.

all these social media platforms will kill us.... they could help us, but we fight too much amongst ourselves for that......

This post needs to end. It’s all our rights and privilege to hunt and fill tags, and to be unapologetic about it. Plain and simple. I guarantee 95% of the guys and gals on this site would agree. I am 100% for the hunter. The other 5% can go jump in a lake. I can’t control what other people do but I can control myself and that’s where the real conservation starts, for all of us!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly View Post
    This post needs to end. It’s all our rights and privilege to hunt and fill tags, and to be unapologetic about it. Plain and simple. I guarantee 95% of the guys and gals on this site would agree. I am 100% for the hunter. The other 5% can go jump in a lake. I can’t control what other people do but I can control myself and that’s where the real conservation starts, for all of us!!
    good call.

properly wrapped meat lasts longer than 2 years...I have eaten 6 year old roast that only needed a little trimming and was awesome...don't waste food period is the right message!!!! "you better eat that "lil johnny"...don't you know that there are starving kids in Africa?" is what I was told as a kid when it comes to wasting food of any sort.

And that is the call

Alot of people think it's a right.It's not. It's a priviledge. People need to understand there is a difference. I suppose what you do with the meat after it is legally tagged is then your right. Don't think the OP was wanting apologies. I never see these threads as anti hunter whether it's restricted access areas, game cams, season limits,point restrictions or whatever. Nothing wrong with a healthy back and forth and concern for wildlife.

Quote Originally Posted by Looking_4_Jerky View Post
    I like how when someone posts a topic for the sake of discussion (kinda the point of a forum, no?), anyone with nothing intelligent to say has to come out and start calling people trolls, jealous, puss, anti, vegetarian, libtard, and the list goes on. Lot of real pieces of work on this site.
    Quote Originally Posted by quadrakid View Post
    So all you folks that are worried about hunters "overharvesting", do you think the government should make some changes to the regulations? Do you want to see us lose more hunting opportunities? Here we have a thread that is perfect for the antis. A bunch of hunters complaining that hunters overharvest.
    Looking 4 Jerky,
    I completely agree with your statement.
    This is a forum, and it is to discuss not only hunting experiences, but also share differences of opinion, imo.
    Like this thread, someone may feel some folks "take too much" due to having an uncut tag.
    The next person may explain "why they harvest as much as they do".
    We cant learn anything if we "never listen to the other side"!
    That is just not conducive to "learning" and understanding.
    Lets not be the same as the Anti crowd, and never listen to the other side.

Quadrakid,
    I get what you were saying.
    We do tend to bash each other too much in the hunting arena.
    Bowhunt vs rifle, or in this case "taking too much" etc etc, isn't really helping, especially when the responses get "personal" rather than just
    expressing why "I choose to do it this way, but I don't expect the next person to share the same thought".
    Instead, we bash.
    I suppose some stuff, just by discussion gets personal and passionate should I say.

The truth is, we keep imposing more and more restrictions over the years.
    And I think many members on here might be too young to remember just how "liberal" our seasons used to be!
    And that there has been a great deal of changes over the years to make things better.
    Some things have helped, for sure!

BUT, many issues are not being address, nor ever to be corrected thru just "further hunting restrictions".
    THAT is what some are really not comprehending.
    Maybe it is just the lack of age, and I don't mean that the younger gen etc is stupid, by no means!!
    I think some have not experienced what actually came from some of the Reg changes in the past.
    What worked, what doesn't.

Unregulated hunting, by poachers or by FN is still a constant threat to wildlife management, imo.
    How can you manage when you don't know what is happening out there and what actually is hitting the ground and when?
    And we sure as hell don't have the money to do annual "fly overs" to get an idea of counts and how to modify our harvest from season to season.
    Meaning sometimes reducing here, but expanding there.

It is a real mess these days, and we all need to get on the same page and stop thinking limiting another hunter is going to be the way to fix it.
    Especially when some folks harvest more, BUT, is still legal.
    Just accept some do, and have a right and a personal need to do so.
    But yes, some need to reconsider just how much they really need, and more importantly, WHY they are taking the game.
    For meat...great.
    For ego....then one needs to grow up.

I don't cut many tags although I could every year.
    But the lack of cutting tags doesn't mean I haven't learned a whole lot.
    I always pursue game and learn from it.
    Where to find them, and how to stalk them, where I went right and where I went wrong.
    One can have just as much knowledge and success from a lack of cutting tags as another who does cut their tags.
    It's all about personal objective.
    Respect that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    Looking 4 Jerky,
    I completely agree with your statement.
    This is a forum, and it is to discuss not only hunting experiences, but also share differences of opinion, imo.
    Like this thread, someone may feel some folks "take too much" due to having an uncut tag.
    The next person may explain "why they harvest as much as they do".
    We cant learn anything if we "never listen to the other side"!
    That is just not conducive to "learning" and understanding.
    Lets not be the same as the Anti crowd, and never listen to the other side.

Quadrakid,
    I get what you were saying.
    We do tend to bash each other too much in the hunting arena.
    Bowhunt vs rifle, or in this case "taking too much" etc etc, isn't really helping, especially when the responses get "personal" rather than just
    expressing why "I choose to do it this way, but I don't expect the next person to share the same thought".
    Instead, we bash.
    I suppose some stuff, just by discussion gets personal and passionate should I say.

The truth is, we keep imposing more and more restrictions over the years.
    And I think many members on here might be too young to remember just how "liberal" our seasons used to be!
    And that there has been a great deal of changes over the years to make things better.
    Some things have helped, for sure!

BUT, many issues are not being address, nor ever to be corrected thru just "further hunting restrictions".
    THAT is what some are really not comprehending.
    Maybe it is just the lack of age, and I don't mean that the younger gen etc is stupid, by no means!!
    I think some have not experienced what actually came from some of the Reg changes in the past.
    What worked, what doesn't.

Unregulated hunting, by poachers or by FN is still a constant threat to wildlife management, imo.
    How can you manage when you don't know what is happening out there and what actually is hitting the ground and when?
    And we sure as hell don't have the money to do annual "fly overs" to get an idea of counts and how to modify our harvest from season to season.
    Meaning sometimes reducing here, but expanding there.

It is a real mess these days, and we all need to get on the same page and stop thinking limiting another hunter is going to be the way to fix it.
    Especially when some folks harvest more, BUT, is still legal.
    Just accept some do, and have a right and a personal need to do so.
    But yes, some need to reconsider just how much they really need, and more importantly, WHY they are taking the game.
    For meat...great.
    For ego....then one needs to grow up.

I don't cut many tags although I could every year.
    But the lack of cutting tags doesn't mean I haven't learned a whole lot.
    I always pursue game and learn from it.
    Where to find them, and how to stalk them, where I went right and where I went wrong.
    One can have just as much knowledge and success from a lack of cutting tags as another who does cut their tags.
    It's all about personal objective.
    Respect that.
    every post you made and everything you said i completely agree with.