Thread: Couldn’t see specific area for this post- front hitch storage setup ?

Couldn’t see specific area for this post- front hitch storage setup ?

Anyone on here have a front hitch on there truck with a storage carrier? Used for hunting or camping adventures. Just installed a front hitch on my 2016 ram 1500 4x4. I have a truck camper and the idea was to have bikes on the front when camping and to get the cooler in the front and maybe Jerry can of gas/water out of the camper and out front. Anyone have pictures of there setup like this?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Couldn’t see specific area for this post- front hitch storage setup ?

I have one that I put on the front to carry fire wood or extra stuff when camping . I bought a carrier from Amazon and added aluminum sides and a lockable lid. Its about 16 inches high so it does not block headlights. Its all put away for winter and I have no pictures ..sorry. But it works fine .

I have a receiver mounted winch that I bought from costco a few years back with the intention of getting a forward facing hitch but I still haven't.

Do you mind telling me how much was the install?
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

165$ for hitch and 70$ to install the hitch on my truck in north van

Can’t say I would want to carry a can of gas on the front. Sure wouldn’t want any impact

Put one on my F250 super duty . Bought it on Amazon and installed it myself. Have a spare tire carrier and winch mount that I haven't set up yet. Was going to use it for bicycles , but the wife said she didn't want a bike. Sorry no pics. Spare tire carrier worked okay, was a little sloppy
    so it wobbles a bit when driving. And I agree with Northof 49, if you are using a camper , put the gas can carrier on the back somehow.

Not sure why, but I always figured they'd be north of $500 and have to be welded on. The one on Amazon looks awesome. Thanks guys!
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Ya they can be relatively cheap especially if you install yourself. Ya makes total sense with keeping Jerry can in camper or behind haha. Just would be nice to not have to crawl over everything if I have to go inside for anything. Thanks guys for your input. I did check out an truck camper forum that had pics but was wondering if anyone had any different set ups over here that’s more geared towards hunting.
    thanks guys!