Buddy of mine and I went up to the Lillooet area for an artificial long weekend hunting. The plan: Drive up Thursday night, camp, be up early and hunt hard til Sunday.

Driving into Lillooet, we almost crash into a legal deer. How exciting. Great start, excitement all around.

For the . next three days, that's the only sign of deer we saw. Well, almost, but close. We were in at 4am, back at camp at 7pm, I hiked my butt off while my buddy is more the"sit and wait" kind of guy.
Tons of trails, little to no fresh sign in any of the area we went. At least the weather is great and everyone has a good time. Spirits are good..

Sunday we pack up and call it around 3pm. We hit the highway, drive out of town, only to be greeted by another deer. A 2 point, but STILL. He pranzes like one of Santa's Reindeer towards us. My buddy who is driving is fuming: "That's 2 min from where I was hunting!!!" and rolls down the window. He yells at the deer "Hey - BAM", and the deer doesn't even flinch. I swear he smiled and thought "nanananana you can't get me".

Very annoying!

I swear those guys know that they are save on a road!

We'll get you next year, buddy! Just wait!!!! You J u s t wait!