Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Region 5 Deer activity

Re: Region 5 Deer activity

Nice bucks way to go

I was in east side of region 5 for a day of work with my coworker who still has a mulie tag. We finished the job around noon and started driving looking for sign. After 15 minutes i thought hell with it, leta go for a walk. Not 50 yards from the truck i spot a deer. I call my buddy over (he had binos) and point. "Its a buck, i think it's a four." He excitedly whispers, handing me the binos. Im looking and i see a doe, a doe, a doe... Lean a little left, Bingo! Big buck. One of the does buggers off and, uh oh, whitetail. Neither of us have a whitetail tag. Two does walk towards us and buck follows. Nice solid 5x5. Biggest I've ever saw in BC ( i have not seen a ton). Lesson learned, always buy a whitetail tag. This was Thursday. Also saw a cougar.

Hmmm surprising as whities are really concentrated. .however they are out there.
    sounds like a great day...
    cheers
    steven

How do you mean, "concentrated"? Thanks

Myself and my brother just finished rifle season off. Not as much movement as last weekend. A lot colder. Shared the area with 1 other guy. Seen a total of 28 or so deer. 1 tall buck we couldn't put 4 on. A dinky 2 point. A good two point and a canker 3 point still chasing tail.

The kid spent all day in the boots thursday.....just over 15km, mostly in the heavy timber, but occasionally popping out into blocks. Saw 14 muley's total, 3 bucks....one was a nice 160" class, but he couldn't get a shot. Last block he popped out in, he found 3 does with this fellow with them. Every deer seen was well away from, or at least out of sight of any roads

"Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Ajsawden View Post
    I was in east side of region 5 for a day of work with my coworker who still has a mulie tag. We finished the job around noon and started driving looking for sign. After 15 minutes i thought hell with it, leta go for a walk. Not 50 yards from the truck i spot a deer. I call my buddy over (he had binos) and point. "Its a buck, i think it's a four." He excitedly whispers, handing me the binos. Im looking and i see a doe, a doe, a doe... Lean a little left, Bingo! Big buck. One of the does buggers off and, uh oh, whitetail. Neither of us have a whitetail tag. Two does walk towards us and buck follows. Nice solid 5x5. Biggest I've ever saw in BC ( i have not seen a ton). Lesson learned, always buy a whitetail tag. This was Thursday. Also saw a cougar.
    That sucks! but sounds so familiar probably to many members at some point over the years.

Way more activity this last few days since it reopened. The cold and for a change no wind got them moving. All over now.