Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Region 5 Deer activity

Region 5 Deer activity

looking for an update on Region 5 deer sightings and activity.....heading there in a few days for 4 pt mulie and any whitetails. We've done well around this time of year previously, but the reports we are hearing are that deer and few and far between this year. Anyway else seeing this? Wondering if the unseasonally warm temps and lack of snow has resulted in the deer being spread around more evenly rather than congregated on their winter range? Or maybe people are still seeing and getting deer? Its been my observation that most locals road hunt around and we prefer walking edges, big fir timber etc.

Thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Region 5 Deer activity

5-1 and I haven’t seen anything with horns in weeks.. well except for two fork bucks both with only one antler... and that was the day after any buck julie closed.

It seems every very where I go it’s littered with wolf tracks..
    --------------------------------------------
    "If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting." Aristotle
    --------------------------------------------
    United Bowhunters of BC (Lifer)
    Backcountry Horsemen of BC.

Low numbers this year. Im getting tired of saying this.

5-02 was full of wolf tracks. Our moose hunt was a major bust. The ranchers cattle are getting hit hard by wolves too, i guess to supplement their diet if game is low.

Even the local butchers arent busy, so it wasnt just us.

Still, they are there somewhere

South 5-14 and North 5-03 had surprisingly few deer around. All the deer we saw pretty well were around small aspen thickets. In a week on crown land we saw maybe 25 deer and all were antlerless. Saw two cougars in the bush while hunting as well.

Been seeing deer all over, but haven't really been out deer hunting yet... that being said, have only seen what I would consider shooters during September archery and one in the headlights about 2 weeks ago. Been itching to go check trail cams, but they're in my archery spot and probably wont check them until probably the last day of 4 point season. Did manage to get buddy his moose in region 5 within 2 or 3 hours...

Gang Ranch has very good numbers of deer this year. Many decent bucks. I would drive in from Farwell Canyon and hunt the area.

just checked my trail cam on some private property in the Q area and only had two 3 pointers show up lately at last light though.

thanks everyone for info. I figure they gotta be around somewhere, likely a few haven't shown up yet due to lack of snow in mtns. Not looking for any spots, just curious if this rumour was anecdotal info or BS.

I'm seeing normal numbers for my area. The sky is not falling.

She's also been clear and bright out at night. Most deer I have seen lately have been bedded...