Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on this cougar?

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

Re: Thoughts on this cougar?

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    140lbs your cougar bait lol

Other then cougars making deer movement go to hell they don’t bother me but I am not snack size lol. I have a hunting partner who is a little bugger if he is hunting solo and a cougar is around it is following him

Kill a BT already
    Lol! Don't get complacent there sir, I'll bet even some cougars believe in 'bigger is better'.
    If on 2 occasions a cougar laid in ambush trying for my horse even with me on top of it,
    you'd have to be Paul Bunyan size for it to not to eye you as a potential meal(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Big Lew View Post
    Lol! Don't get complacent there sir, I'll bet even some cougars believe in 'bigger is better'.
    If on 2 occasions a cougar laid in ambush trying for my horse even with me on top of it,
    you'd have to be Paul Bunyan size for it to not to eye you as a potential meal(s).
    I don’t trust sneaky cougars and have had one that was curious about me for sure but definitely noticed they like little people. I figure as long as my hunting partner is smaller then me odds are in my favour the cougar will target them first

Hey Caddisguy do you wanna go hunting out this way

Size really doesn't matter to cougar, I have seen them take down bull moose. I wouldn't worry the encounters are few and far between. Go hunt and enjoy the outdoors.

The cat's in good shape, hasn't missed too many meals.

Same for the 3 point the spot has potential.

But dude. That is one Boone and Crocket blue jay there! Pretty sure that was a wolverine he was chasing? great catch. lol

I can't think of anyone that deserves a nice black tail buck the hard way more than you caddis. Kudos to you for getting out there in any weather in some of the most miserable terrain going and only getting more focused. Respect. Your time will come.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    I don’t trust sneaky cougars and have had one that was curious about me for sure but definitely noticed they like little people. I figure as long as my hunting partner is smaller then me odds are in my favour the cougar will target them first

Hey Caddisguy do you wanna go hunting out this way
    LOL sure but I'm going to wear one of those big padded marshmallow man suits that they use for training police dogs... maybe a few neck braces too. If we get the mauling on film we night be able to retire on YouTube $$$

30 weekends!? You are a lucky man, with a tolerant partner! I expect a marriage advice thread from you in the off season ��

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    The cat's in good shape, hasn't missed too many meals.

Same for the 3 point the spot has potential.

But dude. That is one Boone and Crocket blue jay there! Pretty sure that was a wolverine he was chasing? great catch. lol

I can't think of anyone that deserves a nice black tail buck the hard way more than you caddis. Kudos to you for getting out there in any weather in some of the most miserable terrain going and only getting more focused. Respect. Your time will come.
    Thanks Salty! Haha that jay is not very nice. He's lucky I'm a nice ethical guy. I've wanted to send 150gr his way more times than I can count.

I haven't had time to really examine, but I think those are two different 3 pointers and the first one is actually a whitetail.

Still a little bit of time left in the season so who knows. If only I could kick this darn cough, I might have a better chance sneaking up on things.

That is a decent cat

A big & healthy cougar, weather in the forests, or the nightclubs of BC, is nothing to take lightly....they can sneak up, and attack in any location.
    Keep your rifle or shotguns close ��.Be careful out there....cougars are on the increase, and they are “hungry.
    I understand that the sound of “ice” in a glass is particularly enticing to them.

That looks to be a large cat. Nothing wrong with its hip, just a big frame on it. Likely getting old. See the size of it compared to the deer.