Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I swear those a@@holes know!!!!

I swear those a@@holes know!!!!

Buddy of mine and I went up to the Lillooet area for an artificial long weekend hunting. The plan: Drive up Thursday night, camp, be up early and hunt hard til Sunday.

Driving into Lillooet, we almost crash into a legal deer. How exciting. Great start, excitement all around.

For the . next three days, that's the only sign of deer we saw. Well, almost, but close. We were in at 4am, back at camp at 7pm, I hiked my butt off while my buddy is more the"sit and wait" kind of guy.
    Tons of trails, little to no fresh sign in any of the area we went. At least the weather is great and everyone has a good time. Spirits are good..

Sunday we pack up and call it around 3pm. We hit the highway, drive out of town, only to be greeted by another deer. A 2 point, but STILL. He pranzes like one of Santa's Reindeer towards us. My buddy who is driving is fuming: "That's 2 min from where I was hunting!!!" and rolls down the window. He yells at the deer "Hey - BAM", and the deer doesn't even flinch. I swear he smiled and thought "nanananana you can't get me".

Very annoying!

I swear those guys know that they are save on a road!

We'll get you next year, buddy! Just wait!!!! You J u s t wait!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: I swear those a@@holes know!!!!

I know the feeling. Don’t see anything in my days off. Today I drive back to work and north of Kamloops on the highway 2 nice bucks nose to the ground crossing the highway, not worried about vehicles coming at them at 100+km/hr

Right? Truck packed with wife and dogs, gun stowed, leaving the cabin after the weekend. Our friends were driving first and our dogs love to play this game where they pretend our friends are prey and they bay constantly out the back windows as we follow them the 20kms from our cabin to the road. In short, we make a hell of a racket driving up that road. All of a sudden we come around the corner and my buddy is stopped. He gets out of his truck with his dash cam and shows me this beauty 4 pt that was standing in the middle of the road staring at him.

Damn right they know.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

I have seen a lot of 6 point bulls and 4 point muleys the day after season closes and spent many days during season seeing nothing only to come back to town and see some nice bucks walking around town. They definitely know where and when they are safe.

Ive driven by fields full of deer that know theyre safe on the way to where im hunting, come back to the cabin at the end of the day and theyre all right whete they were in the morning lok

There’s more deer in town then up the hills haha. I just went through this the other weekend up in Lillooet. How was the weather up there? Any colder , more snow?

Dang psychic shape-shifting blacktails

Deer arent stupid, they know whats threat to them and where they are safe. Last night I walked outside my front door with the dog and could literally smell staaaanky buck, smelled my hands and wasnt wearing any hunting gear so didnt think it was me, looked left in the parking lot and saw a 4x chasing two does no more than 50' away, didnt care we were there, they know, and they kept about their important business.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingtyler123 View Post
    There’s more deer in town then up the hills haha. I just went through this the other weekend up in Lillooet. How was the weather up there? Any colder , more snow?
    Weather was awesome: Sunny, "warm" in the sun (8 deg celsius but TShirt wearable during lunch), frost at night. No snow. That said, when we were leaving you could see snow rolling in over the mountain tops so this week this is sure to change

I had one of the biggest 4pts I have ever seen on my property in town. Does all over the place.
    There are lots of deer in and around Lillooet all year round. There is always a little bit of luck involved.