Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Short but sweet.

Short but sweet.

Just wanted to share my recent adventure to region 3 in search of an allusive 4 prong mulie buck. I don’t get to spend nearly enough time with my dad anymore,as life get pretty busy in a guys midlife chrises era “that’s me”. So with that said dad one of my sons and myself set off on a three day region three visit / hunt with very little expectations as the visit was the main goal. Day number one was all about checking out our new surroundings, and we managed to see two bucks , a spike and a two point and probably 30 does. With what we had learned on day one we now knew the area to focus on in our minds . Day two we headed off with slightly higher expectations after the number of deer we spotted the previous day only to find the deer had decided napping in timber and thick brush was more the flavour of the day than showing themselves to us . After only spotting three deer all day we were driving up a road when I spotted a doe looking down from a knowl and just as fast as I spotted her she was gone. The road we were on made it’s way around said knowl so we drove around and parked I hike up the knowl to were the doe was and instantly noticed a larger more of a big deer set of tracks where hers were so I started to fallow them in the snow and as I fallowed I noticed aroma of stinky buck STOP! Look around and there 50 yds away is mr buck up with my rifle and can’t count points, after a minute he turned his head one two three four cross hairs on lungs boom. Woo Hoo !!! Wait what the !! he just trotted off like nobody’s business damn bulletproof region three mulie deer. Now I was pretty pissed at myself for blowing a chip shot and I’ll be honest I think I looked up to watch him drop maybe probably . Day three .. off to same place to see if buck was still around and you guessed it nope. As I was still kicking myself about that shot I suddenly had a sinking feeling my scope.. I bought a huskamaw scope to see what I thought and I truly like it but I overlooked one major thing and that was parallax adjustment I had it set at 1000 yds for some dumb reason and felt very stupid for not checking it before as 1/4 movements in my head would move cross hair 10” dang it. With parallax properly adjusted for fat boy visit hunting..We hunted the rest of the day shared laughs and enjoyed each other’s company with only three does spotted. As the day was nearing its end the snow began to pound down and as we made our way out a road I had seen good buck sign on previously there in the foggy haze of the snow storm was a BUCK!!!! Stop stop!! I bailed out got a look at him one two three four prongs boom!! He bolted to the left and ran strength up hill till he tipped over after 60yds . High fives and hand shakes we got a buck perfect end to a fantastic visit . I’ll try to figure out pics I always have issues . Thanks for letting me vent .
    wonder what’s over the next hill?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Short but sweet.

go here, josh tells you how, its easy peazy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfZUbGLxHbw

Dude awesome tutorial lol
    I support PETA!
    People Eating Tasty Animals!

Nice! Glad you figured out what your "miss" problem was.

Hunting with family, always cherished. Congrats.

Hope you get the pic thing figured out as well...
    Finland is a neutral country - but the guns point to the east.

Nice buck congrats, good perseverance...you ain't the first guy to miss a buck from a scope that's not set right, lol about 6 years ago I told a buddy where to go for WT, a buck comes out at 30 yards, he misses, he's got his scope on 9 zoom and is shaking with buck fever lol...

Nice buck.

I also like the matching west coast tuxedos.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Nice buck, I love hunting in the snow