Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Pants...seriously, hunting pants for BC

Re: Pants...seriously, hunting pants for BC

My original pair is starting to get signs of being worn after 30 years and a chain saw incident, so I felt very fortunate to find another pair of these at Gorilla Surplus on East Broadway in Vancouver for $10.00.

They are dress pants, with no cargo pockets, but the blend and weave are so tight they are warm in cool to cold temps, resist some rain and deflect snow, and with a light pair of long wool underwear I've worn them in minus 10 to 15 weather.

https://www.camogroup.ca/store/p654/...rousers.html#/

Quote Originally Posted by jac View Post
    I bought from Valhalla pure and the fjallraven store in Vancouver. The Vancouver store has lots of selection and were nice to deal with cheap shipping. The vidda pro with vents are bombproof all g1000. The Kebs are g1000 and 4 way stretch they look very nice but I haven’t tested, they are there most technical hiking pant. Last year on 10 day hunt I used the vidda without vents and they worked great. This year I’m going to use the kebs.
    Just ordered the Vidda Pro for $138 on sale at Valhalla. Great reviews on them on Tube. Thanks

Why wear pants if you don’t have to?
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

well i pretty much have every pant from kuiu, attack, alpine, talus, pro, guides, chinooks, my favorite pair would have to be alpines for sheep/goat hunting and talus for elk hunting but ultimately any mountaineering brand would probably work just as good.

Does anyone have experience with RevolutionRace? The YouTube videos make them look pretty quality at a fair price, and a few outdoors YouTubers have discount codes for them right now, as they are trying to break into the North American market. Maybe they are a more budget friendly alternative to Fjallraven.

I grabbed a pair of the Vidda Pro with vents for $139 at Monod Sports in Banff. Free shipping, even sent me a free postage label to return the pants for a smaller size, which were again shipped to me for free! Super comfortable pants, can't wait to wear them this season!
    ~
    Adult Onset Hunter
    CCFR Member

Wherever there is Animal Worship there is Human Sacrifice. That is, both symbolically and literally, a real truth of historical experience.
    — G. K. Chesterton

i use sitka / kuiu gear you spend a little $$$but the end result is maximum comfort and reliability in the field. If conditions are dry and im just out day hunting i use drab olive kakies/cargo wranglers from walmart.

I have been wearing First Lite Knab merino pants for the last few years for most days in the field. The current version of this pant is the Obsidian
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

has anybody used skyre gear yet? so far I can only find reviews on rokslide, but seem to be decent

their exchange/refund policy for shipping costs sounds decent, I'll probably try a pair of pants this year

https://skre.ca/
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Wow they sure have a whack of options for pants !
    Arctic Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by Kast13 View Post
    Does anyone have experience with RevolutionRace? The YouTube videos make them look pretty quality at a fair price, and a few outdoors YouTubers have discount codes for them right now, as they are trying to break into the North American market. Maybe they are a more budget friendly alternative to Fjallraven.
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !