Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pants...seriously, hunting pants for BC

Re: Pants...seriously, hunting pants for BC

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    I ended up upgrading to a pair of Kuiu attack pants. They've been great as I needed something with some stretch.

Be warned.... kuiu sales are crap. They give you the pants for a sale price, but then take away the free shipping so they deal isnt as good as they advertise

Also they run small. I normally wear 34 waist and ordered a 36 from them and glad I did.

The pants are great though. Fit well. Comfortable. They have nice zipper openings on the side to cool you down on summer scouting hikes. The stretch is really really nice.

current sale is free shipping over 250,just picked up a ultra down pro set and some attack pants for the remainder of the season sitting and toying with white tails.

Sitka Timberline are awesome. I have bone spurs on my knee so the the knee pads are an absolute life saver.

I have always worn Prana Stretch Zion, if cold add a base layer. They have a DWR coating, dry quickly when wet, stretch, very light weight. They have lasted well especially for the price of them. This year I bought some Sitka Timberline pants and wore them almost exclusively after September. I like the waterproof seat and knees and suspenders.

Eddie Bauer Guide Pro pants are on sale right now. They have a www e-com Canada site. Good stretch and add merino wool underneath later season. Zip pockets are a good size.
    The World is run by those that show up.

Taclite Pro for me.

Here's what I wear....seriously. Great for early season and when it gets cold I just double them up. I hunt alone now due to the staring.

Filson whipcord wool.

Damn!
    I knew one of you would have it figured out!
    ‘that’s what I am wearing next season....anyone that sees me out there, just wave and ��
    cheers

First of all, you don't need warm pants until it gets really cold. Most of your body heat is contained and lost in the upper body. So, the best pants in most of your hunting or hiking situations is thin, light, and dries extremely quickly, like most modern high tech fabrics do. However, they do not have much insulation. Some of my favorite pants get wet real quick, but also evaporate water almost as quickly - my body temperature dries the pants.

However, at some point, your legs will start to become cold, and so you will want insulation. Don't be lured into the advertisements of "water proof pants", believe me, they do not deliver. Just use warm leggings (Possibly bottoms to the long johns that you have had for years, but never used).

Quote Originally Posted by huntingfamily View Post
    x3. Highly recommended. Anything fjallraven is top quality.
    Same, most my hunting gear is Fjallraven, part because i am tall it fits better for me, but the quality has stood the test so far. Vidda and Keb both excellent

One thing I will add, I saw a guy out in a heavy duty poncho, just green, that seemed to cover him when he was glassing in a heavy down pour. easy what to stay dry i am guessing, but never used one myself, but would free up pants do go a bit lighter more hiking style and not worry about waterproof.

Waiting for someone to say... "it doesnt matter when I am sat in my truck"
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the the most intelligent , it is the one most adaptable to change"