Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pants...seriously, hunting pants for BC

Re: Pants...seriously, hunting pants for BC

I have been using the First lite obsidian pant this year and they have held up pretty well this year. Just layered up when it was cold they were great moving and fast drying. I also have the Filson mackinaw field pants and they have served me very well over the last decade+, they are tough as nails but are on the heavy side.

I have been using fjallraven vidda pro pants for the last 2 years. They are not designed for hunting more for heavy trekking or bushcraft. Absolutely love them very tough, breath well, repel water well and dry very fast highly recommend them. I think the keb model have a zipper for venting i may try them next time.

Gosttwear wool pants awesome!
    wonder what’s over the next hill?

5.11 tactical pants every hunt for me. They breathe great, lightweight and dont bind up, lots of pockets, synthetic so dont soak up water, quiet and have yet to pull a thread and I push some serious bush. I layer underneath with long johns when its cold but I move lots and my produces absurd amounts of heat. Under $100 and Ive had mine for a few years now. I have 3 pairs for different purposes other than hunting.

I use poly/cotton German army camo pants in early season, but really, my best pants even in light rain are one pair of Canadian Army dress pants I got at the surplus store ear the base in Chilliwack 30 years ago. Really tight weave mostly wool with a polyester blend. Good even in snow with light wool underwear and virtually indestructible. Even jammed my chain saw!

I have a pair of heavy Swiss or Swedish army surplus wool pants too, but only rarely wear them if it is really cold.

In rain you just gotta wear rain gear. I use the lightweight Helley Hansen stuff.

Gost Wear Big Bill wool cargo pants. Come in 18, 24 and 28 ounce fabrics. Wear for ever if wife does not wash and dry on hot.
    "The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

I have a pair of first lite pants, they’re thin but pretty good down to 5 or so Celsius with a set of long johns underneath. Merino wool. Then for colder weather I wear a pair of East German surplus wool pants.

Quote Originally Posted by dougan View Post
    Gosttwear wool pants awesome!
    Thats what I use as well, Big Bill very tough and warm.Steve!

Gostwear wool for me too!

Blue Jeans.

Cold-add Long Johns!

Wet-add Rain Gear!