Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pants...seriously, hunting pants for BC

Re: Pants...seriously, hunting pants for BC

Timberlines have been great for me. I recently got a KUIU jacket and like it so much I bought pants in the same pattern.

AAron Snyder from Kifaru suggests in his podcast that for late season he goes the sitka timberline and other than that he runs Prana Zion pants. I have Kuius that I like for early/mid season but I think could get shredded fairly easily if you're reckless with them

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_29 View Post
    Sitka Timberline are awesome. I have bone spurs on my knee so the the knee pads are an absolute life saver.
    I have these also. Great pants. Absolutely love the knee pads and gore-tex knees and seat.
    WSSBC Life Member
    CCFR

Originally PM'd from stixnstones:
    "wheres your pics of this deer? if he is a good one. i will pay u to tell me where he lives? cash for christmas. let me know. thanks"

UA quick dry shorts, Sitka timberlines, Sitka stormfronts. I always wear a combination of these as a layering system. Storm fronts have side zips from bottom up to don/doff without removing your boots. They also have side zips from the top down to access pockets in layer below, and work great to cool down when hiking up hill. You can zip them down to the knee, let out a bunch of heat - yet stay dry if you aren’t pushing through thick Bush. As long as they make these pants I can’t see myself ever wearing anything else.

Ok,
    ‘I see many of you have/are working on your pants-thanks for all the suggestions.I tried out the Fjallraven pants with side “vents” this weekend- the vents work really well:As you hike, the open, zipped, side vents kinda pump the air out from your pants ...surprised how well it works, Almost as if you are hiking in shorts( not quite as good).The pants are sturdy and have lots of good pockets.They are well built.
    As far as rain goes...they are not gonna do shit.So......plan “G” is that I bought Simms “challenger” fishing rain bibs made of Toray-breathable, gortex like, fabric...on sale for good price on that internet shopping place that ends in “Y”. When it’s rainy and wet as hell, I pull these on.
    ‘I’m not paying $400 for the same thing from Firstlite, Kookoo,Cabelas, etc. etc, when these are the same material( for all intents).
    If these don’t work, I am going back in time to a animal fur, bikini brief, or just a thong.With boots on my feet for protection ,but having my legs “naked”...if the ladies can do it all year why can’t I? .Or maybe I will try chaps attached to my thong....I will keep you posted.
    In the mean time, if you see a guy with thong and chaps on, in the forest, or just a furry thong thing on....you know it’s me! So say hello.

I bought some outdoor research foray pants and jacket rain gear pack down small and were fantastic on sheep hunting trip last aug. took a beating and still look new

Yeah, but what kind of chaps? There's a lot of different choices for those too....
    Quote Originally Posted by rustybarrel View Post
    Ok,
    ‘I see many of you have/are working on your pants-thanks for all the suggestions.I tried out the Fjallraven pants with side “vents” this weekend- the vents work really well:As you hike, the open, zipped, side vents kinda pump the air out from your pants ...surprised how well it works, Almost as if you are hiking in shorts( not quite as good).The pants are sturdy and have lots of good pockets.They are well built.
    As far as rain goes...they are not gonna do shit.So......plan “G” is that I bought Simms “challenger” fishing rain bibs made of Toray-breathable, gortex like, fabric...on sale for good price on that internet shopping place that ends in “Y”. When it’s rainy and wet as hell, I pull these on.
    ‘I’m not paying $400 for the same thing from Firstlite, Kookoo,Cabelas, etc. etc, when these are the same material( for all intents).
    If these don’t work, I am going back in time to a animal fur, bikini brief, or just a thong.With boots on my feet for protection ,but having my legs “naked”...if the ladies can do it all year why can’t I? .Or maybe I will try chaps attached to my thong....I will keep you posted.
    In the mean time, if you see a guy with thong and chaps on, in the forest, or just a furry thong thing on....you know it’s me! So say hello.

I wear German leather bullsteer pants. if it gets too hot I switch to sheephide chaps

I like Hillsound gaiters. Check it here, if still needed. They are like winter baffins but feet do not sweat that much

What fjallraven pants did u buy? I have the vidda pro and I just bought some Keb trousers which’s have vents on them. I also see the vidda pro with vents are available now.