Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Pants...seriously, hunting pants for BC

Re: Pants...seriously, hunting pants for BC

Another satisfied Fjallraven owner... Best fitting pant I've ever hiked in. Durable and a great Sept-Oct hunting pant. Come November on go the woolly pants.

any links on where to buy inexpensive wool pants? i just usually layer up with my polypro but would be interested in trying a pair of wool pants.

Quote Originally Posted by BRvalley View Post
    has anybody used skyre gear yet? so far I can only find reviews on rokslide, but seem to be decent

their exchange/refund policy for shipping costs sounds decent, I'll probably try a pair of pants this year

https://skre.ca/
    for what it's worth these pants didn't work out for me, sent them back immediately due to the fit...based on brief inspection/appearances, not sure I'd try them again in other models/sizes, don't think they are on par with sitka or kuiu pants....their VIP exchange and full money back was easy to use, so give them that at least
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

any links on where to buy inexpensive wool pants?

Gostwear

Eddie Bauer guide pro pants. Great pants. They even have an insulated pant for lare season.

September in to October --- 5.11 tactical pants (long underwear for October)

Mid October to end of season --- Gost Wear Big Bill Wool Pants - the 28oz.

I tore up my old wool pants with all my hiking in tough places - the Big Bill ones are super durable.

Expensive, but I like my wool pants (Big Bill 24 Oz. Wool Hunting pants). There warm, but wool is also breathable so I don't sweat like crazy. Sheds water well also. My only negative is they can be a bit scratchy.

First Lite has a nice pant range that might work for you. I have there wool obsidian pant and that coupled with a thin merino base layer I can hunt/hike to just above freezing. For glassing and colder weather they have zip-off heavy weight merino base layers, as well as zip-off insulated/dwr puffy pants and zip-off waterproof shells so you can quickly tailor your outfit.

For most of my outdoor activities that involve colder weather (sub 10c) I will run a merino base layer, insulating layer and an optional waterproof shell which also cuts on wind.

I love the 4 way stretch of the kuiu attack pants, super comfortable and light weight and durable, nothing is worse than pants that don't allow free movement when hiking. Yes they are pricey but the two pair I have I picked up here on the exchange second hand in excellent condition so made it somewhat justifiable for me. I went with one that fits good alone for warmer days and also got a pair in the next size up that I can add a fleece layer under for cooler days.