Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pants...seriously, hunting pants for BC

Re: Pants...seriously, hunting pants for BC

UA ridge reaper all season long. They stretch which is the best part about them. I wear Klim long johns underneath and I am good until minus 20. Only issues is that they are not waterproof but dry very quickly. They are a very quiet pant and breathe easily. I wish I could find waterproof pants that were not noisy and breathed a bit. I've yet to find any.

Quote Originally Posted by jac View Post
    I have been using fjallraven vidda pro pants for the last 2 years. They are not designed for hunting more for heavy trekking or bushcraft. Absolutely love them very tough, breath well, repel water well and dry very fast highly recommend them. I think the keb model have a zipper for venting i may try them next time.
    This is what I have been using as well for the last two years. They dry very quickly.

First lite something or other. When it's wet I wear rain gear. If it's really cold I wear long johns under em.
    All you guys with synthetics, do you realize how LOUD those pants are?
    I also had a pair of badlands pants for a few years. They worked, the water resistant part wore off pretty quickly though.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

Quote Originally Posted by jac View Post
    I have been using fjallraven vidda pro pants for the last 2 years. They are not designed for hunting more for heavy trekking or bushcraft. Absolutely love them very tough, breath well, repel water well and dry very fast highly recommend them. I think the keb model have a zipper for venting i may try them next time.
    x3. Highly recommended. Anything fjallraven is top quality.

I’ll second the 5.11’s. I’m done with the really expensive hunting or hiking pants. The 5.11’s last like nobody’s business, have great pocket layouts and can be had for reasonable prices on amazon. I actually prefer the poly cotton blend over the full synthetic too. They still dry plenty fast but are more durable and don’t melt through when a campfire spark hits them.

What model item number is 5.11 pants you fellas are wearing ?
    Thank You
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Sitka Ascent pant is a great warm weather pant, and a Sitka Timberline with a merino base layer for when its colder and grounds damp, as they have waterproof knees and seat.

I ended up upgrading to a pair of Kuiu attack pants. They've been great as I needed something with some stretch.

Be warned.... kuiu sales are crap. They give you the pants for a sale price, but then take away the free shipping so they deal isnt as good as they advertise

Also they run small. I normally wear 34 waist and ordered a 36 from them and glad I did.

The pants are great though. Fit well. Comfortable. They have nice zipper openings on the side to cool you down on summer scouting hikes. The stretch is really really nice.

Sitke timberline pant for the last 4-5 years. Love these pants. I wear them all season but they're a little warm for early season perfect for oct and i add merino base layer for nov. I did get a small tare last spring but stitched them up and used a seem sealer and there good as new. I'm open to other brands on pretty much any other piece of gear but when these wear out i will probably get another pair.
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................

Quote Originally Posted by Squamch View Post
    First lite something or other. When it's wet I wear rain gear. If it's really cold I wear long johns under em.
    All you guys with synthetics, do you realize how LOUD those pants are?
    I also had a pair of badlands pants for a few years. They worked, the water resistant part wore off pretty quickly though.

badlands happily replaced my entire suit this year after two years of heavy use it was not completely waterproof, they deemed that a manufacturing failure and replaced!