Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Review of Irish Setter Boots

Re: Review of Irish Setter Boots

Untouchable,

What is the problem with bringing back ammo?

Canada Customs has no problem with ammo being brought across the border just as long as you have your PAL with you.

Buying ammo in the states is another story. Just pay cash and there shouldn't be much of a problem as long as you look over 21. There are export laws for ammuniton in the states but don't advertise you are Canadian and no body will be wiser.

I have a pair of Elk Trackers and a pair of the 1000 gram ones. Excellent boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Walksalot View Post
    I have a pair of Elk Trackers and a pair of the 1000 gram ones. Excellent boot.

Ditto, extremely comfortable, warm and dry, right out of the box 2 seasons ago, and still the same way now.
    "Society will forever judge hunters by their compassion for the animals they hunt." Author, Jim Slinsky

A women never looks so good as when she comes in wet and dirty from hunting.

WoodOx Guest

Theyre great just done take em sheep hunting. No where near enough support.

Elk, moose, deer etc theyre great.

Also a side note: dont dry them too close to the fire

I've got a pair and I'd have to say they're pretty great. I've used them for work during the past two summers in the arctic and they stay very dry (the tundra gets pretty soggy when the top of the perma-frost starts to melt).

One thing to note is that they are built generous in width. I grabbed an extra wide pair because that is what I have worn in other makes. In hindsight I should have been more careful. I don't think I needed the extra wide in the Irish Setter as they can be a bit sloppy if I'm on really rough terrain and not wearing an extra pair of socks.

I bought a pair about 5 yrs ago. They started leaking about 2 yrs ago, Inow use wp socks in them as they are still in good physical condition. By far the best boots I have bought were my Rocky corn stalkers that never leaked, only wore them out.