Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In case you all forgot it's still hunting season... (With some Pictures)

Re: In case you all forgot it's still hunting season... (With some Pictures)

Quote Originally Posted by quarterman View Post
    Im pretty sure i watched u guys get your dads buck through my spotting scope lol nice buck
    I suppose anything is possible. Were you within shooting range yourself, or on a different mountain?

Congrats on the deer.
    I know of a 5x6 taken near us, on the 10th in the am as we were late getting out (well, some of the guys).
    Not sure if it was your hunting party camped next to us or not. (not important)

It was an odd season so far.
    I didn't see nearly the amount of Does I was accustomed to seeing in the area I hunt.
    Not at first.
    But, a few bucks were taken within a few days in the area by a few parties out there.
    I am headed up tonite as we saw a buck on Monday with 9 Does that we couldn't get to before having to drive home.
    But looks as if the rut was on by the Past Saturday and am crossing fingers it is still going and even more bucks around now?

Only thing that I found "real concerning" was the amount of hip/back vertebrae (still connected) laying around on the hillsides.
    (Not an area were hunters waste time deboning).
    Appear to be the right age to be this past winters "die off" or "winter kill"?
    I usually only find 1 or so a year, but this season we ran into at least 6, and without really even trying to look for them.
    So, I have no evidence on how they died, but I know wolves are now present for the past number of years now (although none seen or heard
    this past weekend).
    Cougars also.
    So, a little concerning considering I don't think it was a harsh winter at all this past year, but way more corpses then normal...way more.
    Again, nice looking deer and if you are in the right area and at the right time, things just seem to work out.
    If not, then you get the reports others speak of.

Very nice bucks congrats!

Didn't forget, but was trying to. Surgery ended my season early. Those are some nice deer. Congratulations.
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!

I was on the next ridge and a little lower in elevation.

Hats off to you and your partners. Those are some real nice bucks.
    Finland is a neutral country - but the guns point to the east.

That is some good success congrats

Congrats on some great bucks. I have been seeing decent numbers of does but no bucks with them