It's hard to get a handle on what's going on in most of the interior. Some guys are having luck, others report full on doom and gloom. I don't know about most of the interior, only the spot we've been going to for 13 years from Nov 1 to 10 and this year was our most successful year. We've had years where we've seen way more deer, and got nothing. This year we saw decent numbers of bucks and perhaps and alarmingly low number of does. Less than usual for sure. We always see decent deer numbers so this isn't a "sky is falling" post but certainly thinking about being concerned. Are they hiding better, or are they simply not there? I can't answer that right now, I don't know. Hopefully things are still decent next year.

I saw numerous and ever increasing in size three points, including a large mature 3 with big back breaks and 2 to 3 inch brows, but no front breaks. Took me until the 10th to finally find a four point. Always annoying when the legal buck is not the biggest one you saw. My dad and our hunting partner both got their biggest bucks to date on this trip as well. Dad's was a, somewhat grueling, 6 hour pack out. It was 254lbs field dressed. My buck was shot in the same location, but much smaller (174lbs), and we got it out in just under 3 hours. Better luck away from the roads for sure.

Mine

Dads

Buddies