Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matrix 380 bulldog scope choices

Matrix 380 bulldog scope choices

Might be a stupid question but i like to ask stupid questions anyway .. lol. But would a leupold 4x 22 riflle scope or a 3x9 work for a crossbow ? i mean why not ? i havent looked to see if the mounts will work but if they do . anyone done anything like that ?
    " Never tell me the Odds "

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Matrix 380 bulldog scope choices

Come on Fellas . i know someone out there has put a differnt scope on the 380 . ! tell me what you have !

It will work as in it will magnify what you are looking at, however crossbow scope reticles are calibrated for specific hold over points based on the velocity of the xbow. so I would stick to a xbow scope of some sort

I looking for a review from someone who has bought a Crossbow scope . i have other scopes laying around . but Ya . A Real crossbow scope would be best . there are some good choices , But which one .. ? Some are cheap, some are too much money, some are just too Non -user friendly . i would like a 4 power tho . I THINK !. LOL would make more sense to have a wide field of view i figure . The TruGlo 4x32 looks interesting ..

Quote Originally Posted by monasheemountainman View Post
    It will work as in it will magnify what you are looking at, however crossbow scope reticles are calibrated for specific hold over points based on the velocity of the xbow. so I would stick to a xbow scope of some sort
    This^^^^

I have a Tact-100 on my Excalibur 440 Bulldog. Seems like a great crossbow scope at a reasonable price. Hash marks from 20-100 yards. Once it was tuned to the 440, which is closer to a 425fps with 400 grain bolts, it’s bang-on right out as far as I’ve shot it which is 70 yards. The illuminated reticle works pretty good too.

I smoked a coyote at 65 yards a month ago. Thought I missed because he took off and I couldn’t see the hit it’s so fast. Walked over to where he was standing and there was a big red trail in the direction he went. 50 yards into the high grass and he was piled up. Perfect lungshot.

did you get that stock or order it from Excaliber ?

The Tact-100 comes with the 440 Bulldog, but it can be ordered from Excalibur.

Bought a tact100 for my 380 online for $250

have mounted it but not shot it yet, looks good so far.

I have a Tact 100 on my 360 TD. Nice scope. Clear and bright. That's the route I'd go if I were looking to upgrade.

Arrow Re: Matrix 380 bulldog scope choices

The Tact 100 is a great choice. Relatively good glass for a reasonable price.
    My Partner has one on his 400 Bulldog.

Hawke also makes some fairly good glass for not too much dinaros.
    I have one of their XB 30's on my Matrix 380 and like it - a lot.

Unless you are willing to put an HHA Optimizer on your bow, you pretty much have to run with a dedicated crossbow scope.

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me