Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 81, and still gettin er done!

Re: 81, and still gettin er done!

Well congrats bud looks like you got yourself a great hunting partner in your daughter, and that is a very nice buck, great spread...

Pretty cool indeed.

Great story and pics, thanks for posting!

wow...thanks for the share...great work

Heart warming story .Well done!

Another thing that made my daughter/opa relationship great was that they had a bond early on with hunting.
    I would get up at 5 am to be out and up the hill long before 1st light.
    And I took my daughter along the first time at the age of 7, which made it a little hard to "wake her" to go out.
    SO, my dad, her Opa, would stay with her till she woke, get her ready and take her up the hill and either hang out there or wait til I came
    by to pick her up and go for a walk.
    OR, if I did get her up as she got older, I would sometimes drop her off with Opa on the hill when she got too tired to walk.
    So, they have spent many hours together, side by side, walking and sitting.
    I don't push her hard at hunting, and until now, she had never seen a deer or any game taken, but now she has.

Having my dad around is a huge bonus, which allowed me some "patience" and allowed my daughter enough time to get into the flow of things.
    Family structure is all too important, and can make a huge difference.
    With family and friends, it becomes a "community" out in the woods, and there is nothing better.

Always take time for others folks as not everyone has the same structure, but with a little time and effort, sharing it goes a long way for
    everyone's benefit.
    And no better way to do it, enjoy it and share it then with hunting, in my books anyways!

That's what it's all about right there! Is this a R5 Buck? Almost looks like burn terrain

That is what it is all about, fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    Another thing that made my daughter/opa relationship great was that they had a bond early on with hunting.
    I would get up at 5 am to be out and up the hill long before 1st light.
    And I took my daughter along the first time at the age of 7, which made it a little hard to "wake her" to go out.
    SO, my dad, her Opa, would stay with her till she woke, get her ready and take her up the hill and either hang out there or wait til I came
    by to pick her up and go for a walk.
    OR, if I did get her up as she got older, I would sometimes drop her off with Opa on the hill when she got too tired to walk.
    So, they have spent many hours together, side by side, walking and sitting.
    I don't push her hard at hunting, and until now, she had never seen a deer or any game taken, but now she has.

Having my dad around is a huge bonus, which allowed me some "patience" and allowed my daughter enough time to get into the flow of things.
    Family structure is all too important, and can make a huge difference.
    With family and friends, it becomes a "community" out in the woods, and there is nothing better.

Always take time for others folks as not everyone has the same structure, but with a little time and effort, sharing it goes a long way for
    everyone's benefit.
    And no better way to do it, enjoy it and share it then with hunting, in my books anyways!

I don't know you but its easy to tell your one hell of a human being.

Thx for your contribution to this forum.

Best thread I've ever read!
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    Goes to show that when the rut is at its peak, bucks really do lose their mind at times.
    Except when I chase them!...then they always know it's time to run????

So, in the end, they got the buck out of the gulley, placed it on the truck and took else where to gut and clean.

Turned out, later that night when I got back to camp, that it was in fact my daughter that got my father to shoot.
    Had he been alone, who knows...that buck may have crossed the road several more times.
    Maybe one of my friends would have taken him....or maybe neither would have?
    But, when the buck crossed the road for the 3rd time, it was my daughter repeatedly saying "Opa, take him...take him....take him"!!

Have to say, being a Father now, it makes me proud that she is finding hunting something she enjoys thoroughly and something I hope we
    can share for many years to come.
    As a Son, I cant be any happier for the man who brought me into this lifestyle, as his passion for it is immense, and his respect for people
    and the wildlife around him is never questioned.
    Couldn't happen to a better guy, and a great bunch of friends to help him out!

My father and his little sidekick!

Congrats! What a memorable photo!

You were/are very fortunate to learn from your dad, a true hunter.

Only my great grandfather (Petzold) from the Black Forest Wurttemberg area was an ardent hunter so hunting is in my blood.

Sorry to read about your dad's medical issues.
    I had a rotator cuff tear from falling on a construction site. Went hunting 2 days later & pain was unbearable trying to sleep. Good thing Eve had some strong pills. Almost had her drive me to the emergency in W.L. Took some time to heal.

Anyways hopefully all goes well with your dad's medical issues.
    Last edited by mpotzold; 11-16-2019 at 12:01 AM.
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein