Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 81, and still gettin er done!

Re: 81, and still gettin er done!

Awesome story Bugle. Thanks for sharing. Congrats to your dad and daughter!
    "There'll be no quitters, till we bag some critters"
    WSSBC - RMGA - BHA - CCFR

A heartwarming and really great story! Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    Goes to show that when the rut is at its peak, bucks really do lose their mind at times.
    Except when I chase them!...then they always know it's time to run????

So, in the end, they got the buck out of the gulley, placed it on the truck and took else where to gut and clean.

Turned out, later that night when I got back to camp, that it was in fact my daughter that got my father to shoot.
    Had he been alone, who knows...that buck may have crossed the road several more times.
    Maybe one of my friends would have taken him....or maybe neither would have?
    But, when the buck crossed the road for the 3rd time, it was my daughter repeatedly saying "Opa, take him...take him....take him"!!

Have to say, being a Father now, it makes me proud that she is finding hunting something she enjoys thoroughly and something I hope we
    can share for many years to come.
    As a Son, I cant be any happier for the man who brought me into this lifestyle, as his passion for it is immense, and his respect for people
    and the wildlife around him is never questioned.
    Couldn't happen to a better guy, and a great bunch of friends to help him out!

My father and his little sidekick!

Quote Originally Posted by mpotzold View Post

Congrats! What a memorable photo!

You were/are very fortunate to learn from your dad, a true hunter.

Only my great grandfather (Petzold) from the Black Forest Wurttemberg area was an ardent hunter so hunting is in my blood.

Sorry to read about your dad's medical issues.
    I had a rotator cuff tear from falling on a construction site. Went hunting 2 days later & pain was unbearable trying to sleep. Good thing Eve had some strong pills. Almost had her drive me to the emergency in W.L. Took some time to heal.

Anyways hopefully all goes well with your dad's medical issues.
    Wurttemberg!
    Hey, I was lucky enough to have my cousins take me wild boar hunting twice there over the years, and was lucky both times!
    Dad and family is from Karlsruhe, in Wurttemberg Country.

Great story! Sittin here getting all teary eyed. Love that picture. My daughter is my main hunting partner, and has been for the last
    10 years. Keep up the tradition, its a way of life.