Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Help in determining hunting/living location

Re: Help in determining hunting/living location

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Red View Post
    Just a question, but wouldn’t your profession dictate where you’re stationed first? Anywhere besides the lowermainland would be a start.
    This is what I was thinking too. It seems a specific profession, and one where a person would be employed by the Province.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmmm did I miss caribou..?
    Srupp
    Further north..as has been stated correctly shorter days..and colder winters..later springs..more expensive to live..less amenities. .
    Hmm we are 3 hrs 15 minutes to Kamloops..3 hours 15 minutes to Prince George 5 hours to the ocean at Bella Coma...
    Srupp
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

something fishy

Clearly a player, no response from all the suggestions?
    Blacktailaholic

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    Hey all,
    Hoping a few people would be able to help me determine a location in the province that offers “full package” hunting options. I’m looking at moving to BC for work (profession - wildlife biologist) and want to peruse some locations that offer a wide variety of hunting availability. If some of you could direct me to some of the hotspot or best locations within BC, it’d help me greatly with my decision!

Thanks in advance, you all rock!
    Seems like you are more into fishing ?
    Looks like you got a few .

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmmm did I miss caribou..?
    Srupp
    Further north..as has been stated correctly shorter days..and colder winters..later springs..more expensive to live..less amenities. .
    Hmm we are 3 hrs 15 minutes to Kamloops..3 hours 15 minutes to Prince George 5 hours to the ocean at Bella Coma...
    Srupp
    I remember seeing that spray painted sign years ago heading outta Williams Lake going to "Bella Coma" steelhead fishing

Quote Originally Posted by Islandeer View Post
    Clearly a player, no response from all the suggestions?
    Lol like I said Surrey would be a great place for him, surprised no one else mentioned that hotspot

Why wouldn't the poster just phone his Biologist friends in BC ...Certainly the Brotherhood would inform him...Me thinks this post is fishy....Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by mpotzold View Post
    Bella Coma..poor attempt at humour..sorry
    Steven

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, and sorry for the late reply, was in the bush for the past few days Whitetail hunting in MB. Am not looking to scam anyone for hunting areas or just picking a spot to move for strictly hunting and fishing, but was more asking for suggestions to explore those areas for job opportunities. Yes the ideal location may vary from person to person, but I was just hoping for some input for locations that would provide me with some fun weekends out looking to fill the freezer. I’m from Nunavut so no worries about the cold and harsh winters... been experiencing that my whole life haha! Again, thanks to everyone for their input, the research begins!