Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Help in determining hunting/living location

Re: Help in determining hunting/living location

With moose on LEH in most of the province there isn't much point in thinking of moose populations as far as hunting opportunities, though the farther north you go the closer you are to the rare general open season areas.

What do you want to hunt. Want lots of waterfowl opportunity? Vancouver/Richmond/Surrey/Delta is probably the best place in BC for quick easy waterfowl hunting opportunities.

Black bear? Just about anywhere.

Deer? Hit and miss. Mulies or whitetail? Kamloops or the Kootenays. GOS elk?

Listen to Rupp. He probably knows more than any 6 others combined.

First you need to decide what you want to be hunting. If sheep and access to open season moose then you want to look in the northern part of the province. Smithers would be my choice,nice town, As for the southern half,there are open seasons for elk, whitetail mule deer,black bear, LEH Moose and sheep.Kootenays are nice.

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Peace country for sure!! Generous open seasons, hours from sheep and goats, deer, elk, moose, bears, all at your doorstep. Mountains at your doorstep, fishing at your doorstep. Peace country for sure! Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Red View Post
    Just a question, but wouldn’t your profession dictate where you’re stationed first? Anywhere besides the lowermainland would be a start.
    I would think so aswell . Cant just move somewere and hope there is a job position in that field of work
    "My biggest fear is that when I die, my wife sells all my hunting gear for what I told her I paid for it"

"Take your boy hunting, and you won't have to hunt for your boy".

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching- even when doing the wrong thing is legal.”

Quote Originally Posted by northof49 View Post
    weird first post.....would think a wildlife biologist would be able to figure that out pretty quick.....hmmmmm
    Yup! I think its a troll for hunting areas but thats just me .
    "My biggest fear is that when I die, my wife sells all my hunting gear for what I told her I paid for it"

"Take your boy hunting, and you won't have to hunt for your boy".

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching- even when doing the wrong thing is legal.”

Hope b.c

home to some of the best moose and white tail hunting

Really, you can't go wrong. I think PG is very central to every kind of hunting. Nothing you can't hunt if you're willing to drive 8 hours.

I like Smithers-- good town to live in.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

The further north you go the better the hunting....but the shorter the summer. It’s all about lifestyle choices.

SSS
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

Anything besides Vancouver area. Even though I’m on the north shore and it’s a nice spot you’ll get stuck in the rat race here. I’d look into anything at least three hour drive from Vancouver to move. Myself looking at the interior at least. Not for hunting but peace of mind

Hmmm did I miss caribou..?
    Srupp
    Further north..as has been stated correctly shorter days..and colder winters..later springs..more expensive to live..less amenities. .
    Hmm we are 3 hrs 15 minutes to Kamloops..3 hours 15 minutes to Prince George 5 hours to the ocean at Bella Coma...
    Srupp