Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stone glacier packs

Stone glacier packs

Hi everyone. For those of you that use stone glacier back packs I have a couple questions? What pack do you use on 7-10 day sheep hunts? How do stone glacier products hold up in the feild? I'm thinking of purchasing a pack just want some insight from those who already have a stone glacier pack that they take on long trips to the feild. Thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Stone glacier packs

Hey Skeena....you may want to also use the search function, if memory serves me correct there has been a couple of threads about these packs in the last couple months.

Didn't even think of that thanks!

Terminus, bout 45#in 100#+ out 4 trips now. Holding up well but you have to treat it like a lightweight pack and try not to drag it on sharp rocks etc. Hung a full 1l nalgene off one of the compression strap loops and pulled a couple stitches. Other than some blood stains still functions as new. Very comfortable with 45#, and as comfortable with 100# as one could hope. Access is only from top and only the lid for external storage, I've learned to deal with it and accept that's what you get with ultralight. There are some add ons I'm sure, and I highly recommend the weapon sling or similar product for carrying rifle.
    Not as tough as say a barneys, but that's a different beast and application IMO.
    Cheers
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

Best lightweight pack available! Watch out as my weapons sling holding a rifle rubbed a lot on my waist belt. I'll have to replace eventually

I have a 7400, gf has a sky archer. The Archer is a bit on the small side, the 7400 is ideal in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by plumbcrazy View Post
    Best lightweight pack available! Watch out as my weapons sling holding a rifle rubbed a lot on my waist belt. I'll have to replace eventually
    My Gun Bearer does the same to my Gregory belt. Hit it with some Shoe Goo on the trouble spots, before they get real serious and you should extend the life dramatically.

SG Sky 7400 is on my to get list as well, best lightweight pack currently on the market, IMHO.

I Looked at the Stone Glacier pack at the sheep convention and I thought it was a GREAT pack ! I would buy one if I was in the market for a new pack ! jmo RJ

Heard nothing but good things on the SG packs. Check out the Exo Mtn 5500 model too, it's actual capacity is 7000cu in and has more organization than the SG. Weight about 1lb more than a Sky 7400, price a little less

Lots of great packs on the market that's for sure
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Support stone glacier. Great story, great guy,best packs currently on the market. I use the sky 7400 and suits my needs for fifteen days plus. Also compress down for day hunt use with options for expansion. This company can only get more innovative as years go by.