Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: thick timber - how quiet are you?

Re: thick timber - how quiet are you?

Camp cook...

what a great old buck ^^^

Thanks

What I didn't share was I found him within 200 yards of where I had been seeing a couple does all year and over the years I had seen more does with spikes up this one draw than all other of my areas combined.

First time I had seen a mature buck though but I haven't hunted it that hard that is changing now.
    Funniest post I have ever read...

Originally Posted by troutseeker
    I rotate 1/2 tp 5/8 of a turn, and I do so in both directions. that is due to my press being mounted in th middle of my bench nad my beer being on hte right side nad my cigar being on hte left side. Thus I rotate each way ot take a sip or a puff.

I have not noticed significant runout, mind you,after a few brews I lose interest in measuring...

Yup beauty buck there Cook congrats man...

Nice buck and still like those TCs of yours

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Nice buck and still like those TCs of yours
    I do over 90% of my hunting with these little T/C Contender carbines.

This is last years buck little 3 point he was actually a lot smaller bodied than the buck that I let walk yesterday first time I've had ground shrinkage on a deer.

The Contender is a 14" barrel chambered in 338JDJ #2 OAL is 28" this short light fast combo loaded with 180gr Accubonds @ 2500fps is 320 yard moose capable.

It is so accurate that I shoot the heads off grouse @ 100 yards with it when loaded with 200gr SST's @ 2350fps.

Funniest post I have ever read...

Originally Posted by troutseeker
    I rotate 1/2 tp 5/8 of a turn, and I do so in both directions. that is due to my press being mounted in th middle of my bench nad my beer being on hte right side nad my cigar being on hte left side. Thus I rotate each way ot take a sip or a puff.

I have not noticed significant runout, mind you,after a few brews I lose interest in measuring...