Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
I cant stand even the sound of a water bottle sloshing in my pack. And when the woods are deathly silent you hear everything.

It's why I never hike for BTs in a rain jacket. I just bring a change of clothes and swap out. No rain gear is silent enough compared to a fleece shirt.

Also dont just click the buckles on your pack. Hold them in your hand, insert fully, then slowly release. No click!!!

But if I'm hunting the alpine or open country I dont care. I wear whatever I want so i dont really choose my clothes at the store based on how quiet they are. I just get picky about what I take on my blacktail hunts in thick timber close quarter hunts.
sloshing water drives me nuts lol

95% of my hunting is close quarters bush hunting ambush or still hunting so my gear is focused on silence. Alpine open country hunting where you are 100-400yard shots I agree silence is less off an issue

for rain the under armour water resident stuff with a thin fleece outer layer is what I use. Probably other good combinations that work I just found this works so stuck with it. Not going to stay 100% all day in the rain but good enough to tough it out