Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Helicopter access to backcountry - Illegal?

Re: Helicopter access to backcountry - Illegal?

Fishing is OK .... very popular method to access remote rivers. Some guiding services offer "heli fishing" packages as well.

Hunting ... not allowed to transport hunters, game or equipment as far as i'm aware.

Having said that, if you got a friend that owns his own chopper you can probably do whatever you want as most people do. lol.

Helibackon is my favorite...lov.to try that...

Quote Originally Posted by Blockcaver View Post
    The BC regs state that “It’s unlawful to hunt wildlife within 6 hours of being airborne in an aircraft other than a regularly scheduled commercial aircraft”.

That is directly from the regs following the two statements on helicopters.
    Oh. I know Alaska is 24 hrs. Thought we were too. Luckily, I drive and hike most places so it hasn’t hindered me being 18 hours late
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

They can fly in gear for you can’t they? Outfitters get quads and gear flown in and then go in by plane with clients hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Cat catcher View Post
    They can fly in gear for you can’t they? Outfitters get quads and gear flown in and then go in by plane with clients hunting
    Oh, this'll be good!

Victoia BC when not at work, otherwise up North

Nonsense !

Outfitters in BC are required to abide by the same Regulations as Resident Hunters !

Cheers

* When the People fear the Government there is Tyranny, when the Government fears the people there is liberty.
    * Studies have shown, Vegetarians are poor providers !
    * We are told this is the Information age. Seems to me more like the missinfomation age !
    * Most always the soft spoken ones are the most deceiving and Dangerous !
    * The Law is no substitute for Morality !

Be safe and happy Trails !

No they cant. They have the same rules as us. Now im sure theres some grey area like flying in " camping equipment or tools" in the spring - summer but just happen to still be there come hunting season so might aswell use them..
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................

I never looked into this just going by previous comments about restrictions but it doesn’t say you can’t fly in gear and walk in after hunting. I’m not trying to start anything I’m being serious. I’m probably missing something. I have watched outfitters do it. Boats, guads and gear.

I never looked into this just going by previous comments about restrictions but it doesn’t say you can’t fly in gear and walk in after hunting. I’m not trying to start anything I’m being serious. I’m probably missing something. I have watched outfitters do it. Boats, guads and gear.
    What you're missing is that transporting hunters or gear or wildlife is illegal.

I'm sure some people do it and I'm sure some heli pilots are willing to do it, but it is not legal.

You cant get a heli drop for your camp then hike up to it. It's still using a chopper to help with your hunting!

I just read the unlawful section and it looks like they took the " gear " part out? Just says hunters and wildlife now.
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................