Thread: Youth license requirements

Youth license requirements

Do you guys know if anything beyond the youth license is needed for a 11 year old accompanying an adult waterfowling in Delta? I obviously have my FVSA, migratory and insurance. Does the youth need any of that for himself?
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Youth license requirements

I have been wondering the same thing so I just sent a email to the C/O's office and will post the reply once I receive one.

Check FVSA web page, under 18 no but needs acknowledgement of responsibility signed by parent or guardian. I’m certain that he needs a migratory permit as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dru88 View Post
    I have been wondering the same thing so I just sent a email to the C/O's office and will post the reply once I receive one.
    Thanks dru. You haven’t heard back yet?
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Sorry for the late reply life has been busy.

wondering how hunting waterfowl works with my daughter s youth license. She is 12 and only has a youth license.*
    I have my FVSA but does she need one or does she fall under mine?

The supervising hunter would be responsible for the youth’s hunting activity.* Youth’s under the age of 18 are exempted from having to obtain the Fraser Valley Special Hunting Area (FVSHA) Licence.* The intent of the FVSHA Licence is to ensure that the hunter is aware that they are required to have Insurance.* This is done by the hunter declaring that they do have the insurance required to hunt in that area.

Two licences required

25 * For the purposes of section 11 (1) (c) of the Act, a person who hunts wildlife in the special area must hold a Fraser Valley special area licence.

Exemption

26 * Section 25 does not apply

(a) if the person hunts wildlife on property owned by a commercial game club which holds a permit for that purpose under the Act, or

(b) to a person under the age of 18 years.

Insurance required

27 * A person other than to whom section 26 applies commits an offence if he or she hunts wildlife in the special area unless the person is the holder of public liability and property damage insurance in the amount of $1 000 000 or more, sold by a licensed insurer in the Province, that covers the hunter while hunting in the Province.

What about a migratory bird license?for my 12 year old daughter does she need one or falls under mine.

The migratory bird permit is a Federal permit and I do believe she needs one unless you are hunting during a Waterfowler Heritage Days (which you can find those seasons in the Hunting and Trapping Synopsis).

Here is a link to the Federal website with regards to Migratory game bird hunting permit.

https://www.canada.ca/en/environment...ng/permit.html

Migratory Bird Regulations General Prohibitions 5*(1)*No person shall hunt a migratory bird except under authority of a permit therefor. (2)*Subject to subsection (, no person shall hunt murres unless the person is a resident of the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador, holds a migratory game bird hunting permit and is hunting murres for human consumption. (3)*No person shall hunt a migratory game bird unless he is the holder of a migratory game bird hunting permit. (4)*Subject to section 23.1, no person shall in any area described in Schedule I hunt a species of migratory bird except during an open season specified in that Schedule for that area and that species. (5)*[Repealed, SOR/79-544, s. 2] (6)*Notwithstanding subsection (3),

o*** (a)*an Indian or Inuk may, in any area in Canada, and

o*** (b)*a resident of the Northwest Territories who is a holder of a general hunting licence issued under the*Wildlife Act*of the Northwest Territories may, within the Northwest Territories,

hunt migratory game birds without a migratory game bird hunting permit.

(6.1)*[Repealed, SOR/80-577, s. 3] (7)*Subsection (4) does not apply to the holder of a permit issued pursuant to section 19. (*Notwithstanding subsection (4) but subject to subsection (9), an Indian or Inuk may at any time, without a permit, take auks, auklets, guillemots, murres, puffins and scoters and their eggs for human food and clothing. (9)*No person shall hunt in a migratory bird sanctuary except

o*** (a)*under authority of a special permit therefor; or

o*** (b)*as provided in the*Migratory Bird Sanctuary Regulations.

(10)*Subsections 5(1) and (3) do not apply to an Indian or Inuk. (11)*Despite subsections (1) and (3), a minor may hunt the migratory birds referred to in column 2 of Table I of any of Parts I to X of Schedule I, or of Table II of Part I of Schedule I, without a permit during the Waterfowler Heritage Days that are set out in that column if the person

o*** (a)*is lawfully able to hunt in the province or territory where the hunting will occur; and

o*** (b)*is accompanied by a migratory game bird hunting permit holder who is not a minor.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by dru88; 11-23-2019 at 03:50 PM.