Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Duffey Lake moose?

Re: Duffey Lake moose?

There was a moose living in Whistler Village for a while a few years back. They are around.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

My in-laws used to live in Seton Portage and they got a 2 point up the Yaloccom. That was at least 15 years ago.
    "Gun control"...... is hitting what you aim at!!!!

Seen a dandy buck strutting across the highway last night. Go figure

Quote Originally Posted by Gateholio View Post
    There are some moose there. Not many, but a few. I've encountered moose or moose sign from Whistler to Lillooet/Darcy/Goldbridge.
    I have seen ALOT of moose sign in Pemberton this year up the hurley, head up any spur road off the Hurley and you run into moose sign with one minute. Everywhere up there, next time I will take pics.

I found what I believe is a moose scapula about 8km up Lillooet FSR in Pemberton. It was almost a whole skelton minus head and legs, so hopefully wasnt poached. Next to it was several old and very old bear scat with moose fur in it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	moose scapula.jpg 
Views:	556 
Size:	26.4 KB 
ID:	7650  

I saw a moose on top of the hurley two years ago while sledding. It was probably around February. Got some pictures aswell but i can't figure out how to upload them on here.

Quote Originally Posted by 2tins View Post
    My in-laws used to live in Seton Portage and they got a 2 point up the Yaloccom. That was at least 15 years ago.
    I haven't been to the Yalakom for a while but used to hunt there year after year and got a real dandy 4 pointer.
    Would like to go there again and check out the place.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

I watched a cow moose swim across the Fraser River, west of Hope while I was sockeye fishing years ago. The current was really moving and she didn't lose much ground / it didn't take her long to make the crossing.
    WSSBC Life Member
    CCFR

Originally PM'd from stixnstones:
    "wheres your pics of this deer? if he is a good one. i will pay u to tell me where he lives? cash for christmas. let me know. thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by NeilG View Post
    I saw a moose on top of the hurley two years ago while sledding. It was probably around February. Got some pictures aswell but i can't figure out how to upload them on here.
    You have to open the pic on your computer and not your phone, click on the 3 dots on upper right of the pic and pic resize, resize to smallest size and there you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Ovis17 View Post
    I watched a cow moose swim across the Fraser River, west of Hope while I was sockeye fishing years ago. The current was really moving and she didn't lose much ground / it didn't take her long to make the crossing.
    I saw a cow moose crossing the highway just past exit 92 in hope a few years back. A few weeks later I read here on HBC someone had found a cow moose carcass near hope that appeared to have been poached. Wonder if it was the same moose