Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Euro mount pot

Euro mount pot

Really happy how this one turned out although one of the fangs fell out while being rinsed and went down the sink. The only thing that I need to get is a better pot or something to boil the head in. I use a giant mixing bowl that I put on my side burner on the bbq but it slides around and the antlers are sometimes submerged. What do you experts have?

online free raffle generator

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Euro mount pot

that looks good, I think I've seen them boiled in deep fryer sized pots.

I have a question guys that do this regarding my own mount. I have cleaned up a white tail skull that is a few years old. The skull is bright and clean from the peroxide but the antlers are white as well [ not peroxied but weathered ] Is there a good product to apply to the antlers to give them a natural look?

Looks good. For deer and bear size skulls any good size pot will work. Canning puts are useally big enough if they are in your area a thrift store or
    second hand store sometimes have them for cheap. You can get a metal garbage can and cut it down for elk and moose size heads.

I think my last large caldron I picked up from Princess auto but have also gone to value village for large pots.

That looks great skull seems very white !Anothe rsource for large pots is restaurant auctions . Arctic Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
    Really happy how this one turned out although one of the fangs fell out while being rinsed and went down the sink. The only thing that I need to get is a better pot or something to boil the head in. I use a giant mixing bowl that I put on my side burner on the bbq but it slides around and the antlers are sometimes submerged. What do you experts have?

online free raffle generator
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Quote Originally Posted by srthomas75 View Post

I have a question guys that do this regarding my own mount. I have cleaned up a white tail skull that is a few years old. The skull is bright and clean from the peroxide but the antlers are white as well [ not peroxied but weathered ] Is there a good product to apply to the antlers to give them a natural look?
    Potassium permanganate. Should be able to get it from a pharmacy. Purple colored liquid but dries brown. Multiple coats until the antlers are as dark as you want them. Use an old paint brush and be sure to completely cover the skull so it stays white.
    Last edited by Ovis17; 11-03-2019 at 09:39 AM.
    WSSBC Life Member
    CCFR

Originally PM'd from stixnstones:
    "wheres your pics of this deer? if he is a good one. i will pay u to tell me where he lives? cash for christmas. let me know. thanks"

If you dont boil but rather simmer the teeth stay in
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

Quote Originally Posted by srthomas75 View Post

rub green alder bark on dull spots sap dries brown same thing that gives antlers there colour in the first place.
    wonder what’s over the next hill?

See my avatar. I bought a pot from the good will. I left it outside all winter and the bottom rusted out. Now I need one as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ovis17 View Post
    Potassium permanganate. Should be able to get it from a pharmacy. Purple colored liquid but dries brown. Multiple coats until the antlers are as dark as you want them. Use an old paint brush and be sure to completely cover the skull so it stays white.
    You might have a hard time getting P.P. from a drug store. If you try go to a compounding pharmacy but they are discouraged from selling it now. It can be used in explosives apparently.

I cut the bottom off a heavy duty 45 gallon drum, works great for deer to moose.