Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorized vehicle restrictions

Re: Motorized vehicle restrictions

1.) Ban deep snow and winter season

2.) Ban all vehicles from travelling on highways.

Quote Originally Posted by ratherbefishin View Post
    To me it’s just a bias in favour of horses and restricting access ,the ordinary guy can’t afford to either own horses,or hire a packer
    boots and a pack maybe a samich and bottle of water and your golden.
    wonder what’s over the next hill?

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Access restriction is the new fad to solve game populations decline. In the past it was we need fire, Kill the WT to save MD, funding and predators

Now it’s we must de activate roads and road closures are needed. I wonder what the new buzz solution will be in a few years
    It will be ALL LEH.
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER

You miss the pont completely wth this response.

Many folks are getting older and still like to get out and go to places. It is physically difficult for them to get to many of these places. It is very difficult if not impossible for many folks to retreive all edible portions of a carcass. I guarantee that most if not all young fellers fail to retreive all edible portions when they hike in like Mr. HeBoy Backpacker.

Vehicle Access restrictions imposed upon hunters have done absolutely nothing to enhance ungulate populations in this province. Absolutely nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by SemperAurum View Post
    Why do we need more access restrictions for human recreation??????
    There are no restrictions for human powered recreation. There are restrictions for mechanized human recreation and rightfully so. There will be more restrictions coming because of of the disregard of rules that are put in place to protect environmentally sensitive areas. Trails built into alpine areas and pristine meadows by one quad turn into highways by guys that are to lazy to get off and walk or just don't give a sh## and yes lots of them are hunters. While I don't care for quads because of this I'm not asking for a ban but if quad users don't figure it out that is what is coming because it's the only solution for a CO service that doesn't have the resources to make sure quads are staying on the roads.

I guarantee that most if not all young fellers fail to retreive all edible portions when they hike in like Mr. HeBoy Backpacker.
    Pretty bold assumption. It happens forsure, came across it this year, but I know nobody I hunt with falls short here. Not just talking the min legal requirements either.

Vehicle Access restrictions imposed upon hunters have done absolutely nothing to enhance ungulate populations in this province. Absolutely nothing.
    Well they keep ATV out of the ATV restricted zone that I hunt. Lots of deer and I see few hunters where I hike. I am seeing a positive correlation between ATV use and game concentrations in these areas. According to the biologist, ATV restrictions are about reduced success rates, not about tearing up the landscape - at least in 3-28

Other side of coin is that I get a little jealous of the dudes that just bomb around on ATVs looking to scare game up, using a ground covered approach - while I spend hours hiking the back country. But that is only until my legs have recovered from the weekend - to each his own, I will get old someday too.

You miss the pont completely wth this response.

Many folks are getting older and still like to get out and go to places. It is physically difficult for them to get to many of these places. It is very difficult if not impossible for many folks to retreive all edible portions of a carcass. I guarantee that most if not all young fellers fail to retreive all edible portions when they hike in like Mr. HeBoy Backpacker.

i don’t think anyone missed your point we get it you’ve gotten old and lazy and need to be able to drive to the top of every mountain. Which is complete bullshit!

There are roads everywhere your old age is not limiting your hunting opportunity and animals should not be managed based on individual needs they need to be managed on what’s best for the game populations. And things have changed, predators are at an all time high, it’s not socially except able anymore to control there populations effectively. Burns are controlled rather then promoted for habitat growth. And new access roads into traditional habitat is not being controlled. These ungulates don’t have a chance with the liberal seasons and lack of management we have in B.C. There is a road circling every patch of timber left with a hunter sitting on either side and if somehow the animal is not legal to be harvested the wolves will get it anyhow.

we need to control what we can do as hunters we should all be harvesting predators to do our part we should be promoting conservation and if that means restricting access to sensitive habitat so be it. Wether your fit enough to walk in there or not we need to put the animals first!
    Last edited by backcountry99; 11-05-2019 at 11:02 AM.

Found this an interesting read this morning related to access and success and game populations. https://thehunterconservationist.com...nting-success/

Quote Originally Posted by backcountry99 View Post
    i don’t think anyone missed your point we get it you’ve gotten old and lazy and need to be able to drive to the top of every mountain. Which is complete bullshit!

There are roads everywhere your old age is not limiting your hunting opportunity and animals should not be managed based on individual needs they need to be managed on what’s best for the game populations. And things have changed, predators are at an all time high, it’s not socially except able anymore to control there populations effectively. Burns are controlled rather then promoted for habitat growth. And new access roads into traditional habitat is not being controlled. These ungulates don’t have a chance with the liberal seasons and lack of management we have in B.C. There is a road circling every patch of timber left with a hunter sitting on either side and if somehow the animal is not legal to be harvested the wolves will get it anyhow.

we need to control what we can do as hunters we should all be harvesting predators to do our part we should be promoting conservation and if that means restricting access to sensitive habitat so be it. Wether your fit enough to walk in there or not we need to put the animals first!
    so you don’t need access restrictions you need sound management, habitat protection, and predator control

Instead of beating around the bush and saying you want access restrictions just spit it out. You believe hunters are over harvesting do to the liberal seasons so you want to limit there impact with access restrictions. This will have minimal impact on your personal hunting and you won’t be interrupted either

Change is needed but there is ways to limit harvest where all hunters sacrifice equally instead