Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Motorized vehicle restrictions

Re: Motorized vehicle restrictions

Quote Originally Posted by dmaxtech View Post
    Found this an interesting read this morning related to access and success and game populations. https://thehunterconservationist.com...nting-success/
    thanks for the link, i agree

Quote Originally Posted by SemperAurum View Post
    Well you had me agreeing and feeling gleeful about everything you posted. You blew it by mentionng the guy in the pickup with a permit to hunt fom the truck. Absolutely blew it.

You just verfied what I have been saying for decades. Horsey and backpack people hate it that someone drives into an area that they are hunting in. The nerve of that legal hunter. How dare he. omg, If you cant enjoy your day out walking and hunting regardless of who or what drives past, then it is a truly , truly pathetic state of mind that you succumb to. Its the human condition. We all suffer from it. Some worse than others.

Motorized vehicle restrictions for the purpose of hunting have not done anything to increase ungulate populations in BC.

You are no different then your so called horsey or backpack crowd you are the f150 or Yamaha grizzly crowd. Point fingers be bitter about what each other has or gets whine and cry all you want. At the end of the day we are all hunters, and nobody’s gonna change this shit other then hunters. So start looking at the big picture, stop careing about your pitaful battles amongst the so called hunting ranks and start focusing on the animals!

I think we all agree something or a lot of things need to change. And it needs to be results driven not socially driven!

Well you had me agreeing and feeling gleeful about everything you posted. You blew it by mentionng the guy in the pickup with a permit to hunt fom the truck. Absolutely blew it.

You just verfied what I have been saying for decades. Horsey and backpack people hate it that someone drives into an area that they are hunting in. The nerve of that legal hunter. How dare he. omg, If you cant enjoy your day out walking and hunting regardless of who or what drives past, then it is a truly , truly pathetic state of mind that you succumb to. Its the human condition. We all suffer from it. Some worse than others.

Motorized vehicle restrictions for the purpose of hunting have not done anything to increase ungulate populations in BC.
    LOL I knew I wasn't going to make friends with that comment. However, I am not against a hunter taking advantage of the rules set out by the government. In fact, I do my best to take advantage any rules that pertain to my own hunting.
    I'm really just pointing out how the vehicle restrictions do absolutely nothing. There's so many other disturbances in the road closures, the vehicle restrictions for hunters only do very little for animal populations.
    And yes, enjoying the outdoors regardless of the people passing you on the roads/trails is what it's all about. It is a constant practice in patience and acceptance. I like to roll with the punches. After I spit and swear about the perceived injustices brought upon me, I turn my face into the wind a go where it takes me.

you should hear what i call people (in my head) when i meet them in MY spot while I am hunting. lol

we all suffer from it. every last one of us.

but we really need to kill the wolves. exterminate them Bring back grizzly hunting and stop destroying the forest

backcountry99 :I think we all agree something or a lot of things need to change. And it needs to be results driven not socially driven!

Maybe we JUST should SHUT down ALL Hunting for 5 years and see how NO KILLING of animals helps bring back some population?
    What you Think or Say about that ? RJ

you should hear what i call people (in my head) when i meet them in MY spot while I am hunting. lol

we all suffer from it. every last one of us.

but we really need to kill the wolves. exterminate them Bring back grizzly hunting and stop destroying the forest

So let’s make it happen!

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    backcountry99 :I think we all agree something or a lot of things need to change. And it needs to be results driven not socially driven!

Maybe we JUST should SHUT down ALL Hunting for 5 years and see how NO KILLING of animals helps bring back some population?

I personally feel we are not that far gone as of yet. My opinion would be controlled burns creating feed and habitat, predator culls, creating wilderness areas and Active Area/Species specific management.
    The problem is making that happen is not easy.

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post

Ill tell you though RJ an idea that might go over like a fart in church but could pay huge dividends would be shut down all ungulate hunting for 5 years. Yet up predator bag limits and seasons for the same time frame. If the shut down hunting approach is what your after.

Shut down the Ungulate hunting for 5 Years - and Kill as many Predators as Possible ! Black Bears & Wolves Especially ! Thin out the Cougars ! jmo RJ

^^^^I don't think cutting out the primarily male harvest would do much....but I agree with the above posts about habitat enhancement, pred reduction, and one thing that I consider of utmost importance: stop all this bloody development that continues on winter range...we need funding from our tags to all go back into wildlife, and that starts with the BC Liberal party getting back in power, it's our best hope for this to happen..